Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

I don't think we should be too harsch on him, he showed why he has massive potential with some of his passing yesterday. He was the only one I thought could make a match winning pass or create something yesterday. His lame attempt towards Adama shows why I have constantly said he should be the holding midfielder. Had he been playing that role he wouldn't have been exposed in that way, it would have been Nakamba who is a stronger runner. Luiz isn't particularly fast, so I don't think he is suited to the McGinn role. In the holding mf role he get more one on one battles in tight situations, at that I think he has shown that he is really good, often wins the ball and is strong. In the holding role his exquisite passing comes to it's best as well, our build up play should regularly go via him and not Nakamba, Nakamba is more of a safe ordinary passer, like Hourihane or say Westwood going back further. Luiz with his passing can take our build up play to another level and can contribute to us keeping the ball, gaining possession. In the McGinn role he doesn't get the ball as much and gets exposed more. I want Luiz ans the holding general dictating play and McGinn and Nakamba on either side running and chasing all game long.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

No Suso is a scout, pitarch is director of football.

Nah, they are the same person, like Katie Price and Jordan. Or Dean and Smith. (Or even Douglas and Luiz to stay on topic).

Edited by Elton

On 12/11/2019 at 10:33, useless said:

We might have already been planning on making a move before then, but our French scout Olivier Monterrubio scouted the U23 Word Cup for us, which is where Luiz won player of the tournament.

I remember him playing for Nantes in the early 2000s. Was a decent striker if IIRC.Think he was also at Rennes when we played them in Intertoto in 2001. French league is usually stacked with exciting young strikers so can see a few links in January although would imagine lots would be after the Lille striker.

On 10/11/2019 at 16:18, villalad21 said:

I think he's being played wrong.

I take back everything i say about him being box to box.

DLP is his best position i think. He certainly does not add any "steel" to our midfield

He doesn't add steel imo either.....not sure what he does, decent in transition at times, but that alone is not enough.....i don't see what effect he has.

sooner play Hourihane.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2019 at 22:09, Elton said:

Nah, they are the same person, like Katie Price and Jordan. Or Dean and Smith. (Or even Douglas and Luiz to stay on topic).

Are you Elton or John?

On 11/11/2019 at 22:26, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s amazing how opinion of this lad change by the week. When he plays well there’s talk of how much Pep will pay to sign him back. When he plays poorly he is not cut out for the league.  Our fans are more inconsistent than him. 

I personally think he is one our most talented player and enjoy watching him play. He didn’t have the best of games Sunday though but  he wasn’t the only one.

I disagree.....fans react to what they see.....he was poor, in that game....as you say, they all were.....opinions change so regular, because their form does.

it depends if you are talking about him in general or about the individual game.

I value a player in a game, by how much influence or effect they have made.

I then make a general assessment on their consistency.

Edited by TRO

On 11/11/2019 at 22:09, Elton said:

Don't forget Ant and Dec, definitely the same person. Haway. 

I don't know with this guy. I think he is talented, but he's also kind of useless a lot for us. Seems to be much better in a team where we have good control of the game, like during that league cup match with Wolves. But that rarely happens for us so he's kind of like a passenger a lot. 

Both Wesley and Douglas Luiz seem to be players who are much better in a team when they are dominating the match. Almost luxury players in a sense.

Not a knock on him but anyone follow his insta? 

He's enjoying himself out there, getting served steak wrapped in gold leaf with some salt bae type muppet cutting it up for him

Its sickening, that life, the one that being filthy rich gets you, looks **** awful at times 

41 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Not a knock on him but anyone follow his insta? 

He's enjoying himself out there, getting served steak wrapped in gold leaf with some salt bae type muppet cutting it up for him

Its sickening, that life, the one that being filthy rich gets you, looks **** awful at times 

You have to wonder about people who are so filthy rich at a young age and have that sort of lifestyle, is their heart really in it?

I doubt you'll get Ronaldo posting stuff like that. 

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

You have to wonder about people who are so filthy rich at a young age and have that sort of lifestyle, is their heart really in it?

social media wasn't around like it is now when Ronaldo was that age ;)

like I said im not knocking him im knocking the luxury bollocks, don't go from eating a gold leaf steak to too much money hearts not in it, that's unfair on the lad, its not like he's running round screaming beans

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Ronaldo has posted in the past about lavish meals etc

14 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

social media wasn't around like it is now when Ronaldo was that age ;)

like I said im not knocking him im knocking the luxury bollocks, don't go from eating a gold leaf steak to too much money hearts not in it, that's unfair on the lad, its not like he's running round screaming beans

It is such a lavish lifestyle, and you’d easily argue it’s too much (who genuinely needs a gold steak). 

Too be fair to Luis (I know you weren’t saying it’s him showing off) it’s not just him, it looks like a team meal out as Wes posted a similar picture from the same place 

Â