Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

With the caveat that I only managed to catch the last half an hour or so I thought he looked great in that period. He obviously interprets the role of a sitting midfielder differently to Nakamba but he was doing exactly what you'd expect from a player who does so as he does. Spreading the play, getting it between the lines to the more attacking players etc and looked more confident doing so than at the beginning of the season which is a good sign that he's settling in a bit.

• Like 1

He does have a mistake or 2 in him during games. However he was by far the best of our lot tonight. Great passer of the ball and I'm sure as the season and his career progresses he will erase them from his game. Very classy player.

Just now, Mark_1989 said:

Really??? 

bar the mistake for the goal he was easily one of our best players - you can tell he has a touch of class about him.

He tend to do crucial mistakes when he plays in that position.

I want him as a box to box.

Nakamba is nailed on in that dm spot.

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Granted he made a mistake but to say he had a stinker is absurd.

hes got talent and will be a big asset to us. Has a nice zip in his passes. 

1 minute ago, Mark_1989 said:

Granted he made a mistake but to say he had a stinker is absurd.

hes got talent and will be a big asset to us. Has a nice zip in his passes. 

I'm not saying he had. I thought he played well.

But in my opinion he is even better in the box to box role. The DM role just seem much more natural to Nakamba.

9 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

He does have a mistake or 2 in him during games. However he was by far the best of our lot tonight. Great passer of the ball and I'm sure as the season and his career progresses he will erase them from his game. Very classy player.

Easy to forget he's only 21 with the level of confidence he plays with. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

It was so easy he got bored, and lost concentration. Didn't look a foul to me.

Little bit of urgency would have been nice, but he had nothing to play with.

That’s my feeling aswell.

First half it looked like he realised he was a class above the opposition, and tried to impose himself, did well,

By the second half it looked like that same feeling led to him lacking concentration.

No doubting his class but it’s not the first time he’s cost us a goal.

He was probably our best player tonight, but given the opportunity to run the midfield against very mediocre opposition he didn't really convince. He reminded me somewhat of Carlos Sanchez in our passing sideways phase.

• Confused 2

He was the most available for the ball and the most industrious with it tonight. Other players could've stepped up tonight but didn't. I thought apart from him and the 2 CB's and Steer tonight the rest were well below average.  

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I agree with wanting Nakamba in vs teams as good or better than us (which for the sake of argument can include most PL teams in our first season back) but I think playing Douglas Luis there is a handy option when we are the team likely to have the vast majority of the ball.

Â