Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Brazil must be really struggling at the moment. Has the potential to be a good player, but in a villa shirt has not shown enough to make a full international yet.

Not really. Their other midfield options are likes of Coutinho, Casemiro, Fabinho, Willian and Arthur. Looks pretty strong to me.

It's more a case he's their under 23 captain and the world cup is three years away so might aswell slowly start to integrate him into NT and get him used to the surroundings.

It's similar to England calling up Tammy Abraham when he was in and out of Swansea team two seasons ago. Now he's back in this season it's not a huge leap mentally.

12 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Not really. Their other midfield options are likes of Coutinho, Casemiro, Fabinho, Willian and Arthur. Looks pretty strong to me.

It's more a case he's their under 23 captain and the world cup is three years away so might aswell slowly start to integrate him into NT and get him used to the surroundings.

It's similar to England calling up Tammy Abraham when he was in and out of Swansea team two seasons ago. Now he's back in this season it's not a huge leap mentally.

Abraham pretty much played the whole season when he was at Swansea, at the start of the season, he was banging them in for fun and then got called up by England. After that, the goals dried up a bit. According to wiki, he scored 5 goals in 31 Premier League games for Swansea and 8 goals in 39 in all competitions 

5 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Right player wrong match today. He was involved but he's very casual in the way he plays and it's dangerous against teams that can force errors as easily as city.

He is a bit too casual at times. He doesn't look as aware as he probably actually is as well. Good player though!

Just now, Tom13 said:

He is a bit too casual at times. He doesn't look as aware as he probably actually is as well. Good player though!

Definitely got potential - would like to see him against weaker teams as I think he'll cause them a lot of problems. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Definitely got potential - would like to see him against weaker teams as I think he'll cause them a lot of problems. 

I think vs weaker teams Hourihane has to start at the moment as more of a box threat. 

2 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

I like Doug but it was the wrong choice to play him today, as soon as we drop Hourihane we lose the ability to have any threat at set pieces.

What has Conor done from set pieces this year? 

Luiz did well enough although he does look very lackadaisical at times.

Edited by mikeyp102

Â