Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

13 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If we try to play an open game against city and Liverpool then yes we well.  I’d be happy for us to park the bus in those games and hit on the break. 

I'm willing to accept we are going to lose to city and Liverpool no problem with that, I just don't to see us taken apart and beaten 5-1 like we did to Norwich just because we try play an open attacking game. Goal difference is looking pretty decent right now I want it to stay like that a couple of drubbings and it's gone to S**t! More than happy to park it for certain games too.

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Wesley is really going to have to hold the ball up much better than he's done so far if we're going to get some decent spells of pressure in those two games. I have my doubts on that so think we'll be pressed back lots in both.

Liverpool's centre backs are a tough nut to crack, no joy there is expected. City on the other hand if we can get at them, we could really hurt them!

There's a difference between parking the bus and tweaking our team to respect two of the best sides in Europe.  The changes can be subtle - changing Hourihane for Lansbury or Dougie L changes the set up slightly and makes us better, I would argue, without the ball (where we will probably be a lot for these two games!) and El Ghazi for Trezeguet who has a bit more pace and, as such, is more of a threat on the counter (again where we may well be for these two games!).

• Like 2

6 hours ago, barry'sboots said:

There's a difference between parking the bus and tweaking our team to respect two of the best sides in Europe.  The changes can be subtle - changing Hourihane for Lansbury or Dougie L changes the set up slightly and makes us better, I would argue, without the ball (where we will probably be a lot for these two games!) and El Ghazi for Trezeguet who has a bit more pace and, as such, is more of a threat on the counter (again where we may well be for these two games!).

I think what we'll see away to Man. City is Grealish playing very close to Wesley and then midfield (possibly a diamond) of Luiz, Marvelous, Hourihane and McGinn. Not really sure if El Ghazi would get much of the ball so would leave him out. Man. City weakness is central defence so we need to attack them centrally rather than get down the wings as they'd just push us back.

We've been playing that sort of shape for a few weeks anyway. Just trying to match them both playing 4-3-3 is something hopefully DS has snapped out of as we'd get soundly beaten in both games.

15 hours ago, barry'sboots said:

This makes sense to me get Grealish and Trezguet close to wesley stick two defensive mids in front of the defense and get McGinn doing his everywhere ts the same time thing. Be more conservative with the fullbacks particularly on our right side as sterling loves to get in behind and in that channel between fullback and centre back. Have El Ghazi come on for Trezguet in the second half as he will probably run himself in to the ground.

16 hours ago, barry'sboots said:

Exactly we could get hammered in those 2 games and lose the GD we've built, no way do I want to lose 5-0 even trying, we need to tweak it's the sign of a good manager who can make adjustments depending on the opposition.

6 minutes ago, a-k said:

Do we know when his buyback clause expires?

Only thing I've heard is that it increases a bit for every season.

So if it's £25m next summer it's say £35m the season after.

No idea how accurate those numbers are.

Â