Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

23 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

That’s not how they work - we have to accept any offer matching the buyback clause, but he can still refuse to sign a contract.

Thats my understanding anyway. If I’m wrong I’ll happily accept that.

He wouldn't refuse a contract from city, if we think he would we need to lay off the mushrooms.

• Like 1

I can only agree with the sentiment that if City buy him back fro £25m he'll hve had to have been a regular starter and had a blinding season. If he does that then it's safe to assume we'll still be in thei division next year. So happy days all round. As it stands he isn't exactly the first name on the team sheet ans that is also incredibly good news seeing as he appears to be quality. Shows we have depth in the middle of the park.

Plus, his goal was **** beautiful. Two Brazilians combine to score the fifth for Villa away. Now that is a very satisfying sentence to write :D 

14 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

The point I was making wasn’t him refusing a move back to City to play (why would he).

I’m disputing whether he would move back there knowing they’d move him straight in just to make them a few extra quid.

Yeah he would be fine with that, no doubt.

If the buy back clause is £25m then we should worry about him improving for us before we worry about City buying him either for their team, or to sell on for a profit.

Edited by useless

7 minutes ago, useless said:

If it's true that the buy back clause is £25m then if they buy him back to sell on in order to make a profit they're obviously going to have to find a club that will pay more than £25m for him. I'm not sure if they'd buy him back just to sell for around £30m for a £5m profit or whatever, I think they'd rather leave him with us and retain their right to buy him back in a future transfer window. Only way City are buying him back next summer is if he has such an exceptional season that he's good enough for their squad or they can make big profit on £25m.

The buy back clause increases each year he remains with us. So any decision to buy back and sell on would have to take that into account.

1 hour ago, Sam-AVFC said:

That’s not how they work - we have to accept any offer matching the buyback clause, but he can still refuse to sign a contract.

Thats my understanding anyway. If I’m wrong I’ll happily accept that.

It would not be for us to accept or reject any offer. Only City can do that. And only City can activate the buy back clause. His future is in City's hands, not ours.

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

City have a buy back clause, so he has no choice in that matter. After that, of course, he will be like any other player at any other club with regard to being transferred by City to another club.

He can refuse to sign a contract with them. The same way if el ghazi didn't want to join us he could have refused to sign the contract we offered him. Players have the right to choose their future and he would act in his best interest not in cities. 

Edited by MotoMkali
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

It would not be for us to accept or reject any offer. Only City can do that. And only City can activate the buy back clause. His future is in City's hands, not ours.

His future is in his own hands. If someone was willing to pay 60 million for Luiz why would he agree to go back to city and not just go straight to them. The only reason city will have put it in is so they can offer him more money than anyone else because they would have an additional 30 million budget for luiz's signing. 

I'm sure he's going to be a good player but as it stands City won't be interested in buying him back, even if the release clause was the £15m that we paid for him, they wouldn't make much of a profit on that if any profit at all. Probably got a bigger chance of loosing Nakamba never mind Luiz.

56 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

He can refuse to sign a contract with them. The same way if el ghazi didn't want to join us he could have refused to sign the contract we offered him. Players have the right to choose their future and he would act in his best interest not in cities. 

That's what I said. When or if he goes back to City, he can then make his own choices like any other player at any other club.

But he cannot do that with us.

58 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

His future is in his own hands. If someone was willing to pay 60 million for Luiz why would he agree to go back to city and not just go straight to them. The only reason city will have put it in is so they can offer him more money than anyone else because they would have an additional 30 million budget for luiz's signing. 

City only have to activate the buy back clause. And only they can agree any transfer for him.

17 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

City only have to activate the buy back clause. And only they can agree any transfer for him.

That doesn't sound right at all.  Surely he is our player, and City just have a price that we have to accept if they want to buy him back, but for any other club the normal rules apply.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

Where did you see this? My understanding is city have a buy back clause at an agreed price if they choose to trigger it. 

If another club bid for him and we accepted it then it’s up to city to buy him for the agreed price or let us sell him to the club that has a bid accepted it. 

Is this not how it works?

City can't get Luiz unless he either breaks through to Brazil's national team or they give him a wage that is high enough to make him a guaranteed starter.

So for that to happen Luis have to break through massively the next 2 seasons.

His work permit at villa will go away and they will have to  ask for it all over.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

City can't get Luiz unless he either breaks through to Brazil's national team or they give him a wage that is high enough to make him a guaranteed starter.

So for that to happen Luis have to break through massively the next 2 seasons.

His work permit at villa will go away and they will have to  ask for it all over.

Good point.

12 hours ago, useless said:

I'm sure Purslow said that the buy back clause is something like £25m and it goes up with each year that he's with us. So if they're going to buy him back to make a profit he's going to have to get in our team first and become a regular, because they won't make much of a profit on a £25m signing if he wasn't a first choice for us, even if he does establish himself he's going to have perform exceptionally for City to make a profit on £25m. Also worth bearing in mind that City already spent £10m on him when they signed him from Vasco De Gama.

I've never heard or read that. Do you have any source. It's been speculated by some that could be like Angelino who went to PSV for 5.35m and while PSV claim they got 10.5m for buy back it's thought by some is much less. 

I think he needs 25% senior international appearances in a calendar year to get work permit for City and buyback could be 500k profit if that's what was agreed. 

Main reason we got him I believe was transfer fee was in our top 10% historical

P.S. wage high enough guaranteed starter @villalad21 is not a clause I'm familiar with. As stated above historical high transfer fee for us was key. Wage irrelevant in work permits for PL footballers I think

Edited by Kiwivillan

Â