Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

Just a quick note to say that was an absolutely abysmal cameo. Given the pelters Kodjia got for his 15 minutes against Spurs, Luiz should get the same. Dearie me.

Really wasn't that bad, got on the ball quite a lot made a couple of good forward passes but did make one very poor pass as well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Just a quick note to say that was an absolutely abysmal cameo. Given the pelters Kodjia got for his 15 minutes against Spurs, Luiz should get the same. Dearie me.

 

Huh? He was invicible alright, but it’s not like he did any worse than most others on the pitch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought he looked fine. He set up the chance for Grealish as well. 

I’m not sure what some fans have against this kid, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I fail to see what he brings to the table over Hourihane. Technically he seems very astute but in every other aspect he's bang average. I hope I eat my words.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I thought he looked fine. He set up the chance for Grealish as well. 

I’m not sure what some fans have against this kid, 

Was a good chance as well. But when he came on West Ham targeted him and got a but of joy through the middle. 

He isnt a DM and not sure where he fits in. bit of a luxury we cant really afford now

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't really understand the sub.

Nothing against Luiz as he was neat and tidy but surely a more forward thinking CM like Hourihane or even Lansbury considering he "scored" v Palace should've come on for that sub?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Didn't really understand the sub.

Nothing against Luiz as he was neat and tidy but surely a more forward thinking CM like Hourihane or even Lansbury considering he "scored" v Palace should've come on for that sub?

We weren't losing the game. Yes we wanted to win - but not at the expense of letting West Ham sneak one. Nakamba doesn't have the same passing ability so it made sense to me to bring Luiz on. 

Plus, he's already scored a screamer for us

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Presently I'd have him in Grealish's position and move Grealish left in a free role. Let Grealish drift inside and do number 10 things. I think we'd have a good, compact midfield that will keep the ball well and create more chances.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know what was up with him today? I assume injured as he's been in the 18 every game this season.

As much as I didn't like him being the one to come on with twenty left on Monday....today I think he'd have been exactly the sort of sub to bring on and get some calm back into our passing.

Frustrating if he was left out for "tactical reasons" or whatever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Anyone know what was up with him today? I assume injured as he's been in the 18 every game this season.

As much as I didn't like him being the one to come on with twenty left on Monday....today I think he'd have been exactly the sort of sub to bring on and get some calm back into our passing.

Frustrating if he was left out for "tactical reasons" or whatever.

If he did a bad job on Monday, as many here suggested, maybe that was the reason he was sidelined.

But I would think it was a knock on training. And no need to rush him after making a bad 20 minutes experience, imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently DS just wanted 2 x midfielders in the subs, and chose lansbury and hourihane....

Edited by MaVilla

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Luiz was decent when he came on against West Ham. No reason to leave him out, if tactical well, very questionable decision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Luiz was decent when he came on against West Ham. No reason to leave him out, if tactical well, very questionable decision.

Surely he should have left Conor or lansbury out ? The way Smith had some set out second half luiz would have been good option

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Surely he should have left Conor or lansbury out ? The way Smith had some set out second half luiz would have been good option

It really doesn’t matter which one he left out though does it? Either one, the sub was made too late 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

It really doesn’t matter which one he left out though does it? Either one, the sub was made too late 

True. But luiz would have been a good option for marvellous

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like Marvelous is getting the nod ahead of him now, hope he gets a run out in the cup game.

Edited by zab6359

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Looks like Marvelous is getting the nod ahead of him now, hope he gets a run out in the cup game.

That i can understand. But Lansbury ahead of him.. are you actually taking the piss?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

That i can understand. But Lansbury ahead of him.. are you actually taking the piss?

Can't recall saying that, think you may have got yourself all confused.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Luiz would have shone v 10 I think.

I think Lansbury would have been better second half than Nakamba as well.

Midfield was crying out for a change.

Edited by Tomaszk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we've played him wrong as well.

He's not a holding midfielder. He's more of a box to box player.

And now that Nakamba is up and running Luiz should take Jacks spot and Jack should take El Ghazi's spot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...
Â