Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Xhaka could be a good player but he is a huge liability and isnt Vieira or Keane that he can get away with his absences

There's a reason why every Arsenal manager starts him week in, week out though

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

On a serious note I’m gonna look like a right mug if he leaves now but I really hope he stays. 

I think he’s a top player and enjoy watching him play. 

If he goes and we sign better, it's because Gerrard knows what he's doing and that's fine by me. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Loxstock92 said:

I don’t know if you’re joking or not but I’m going to choose to believe you. 😂

tell him to sign the damn thing! (I’m sure you have already)

Nah I’m not ITK mate beyond knowing he is very happy at the club and him and his family are happy in Birmingham. Beyond that no idea what will happen.   I don’t think he is really in to the glamour lifestyle such as a Grealish  either so London probably wouldn’t appeal like it would to some.

Plus i’m shit at cod

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Villa87 said:

I think we would regret him going. But sometimes things need changing to really push us in to the next level. If we got £40 million that’s a £25 million profit. Still, I think I’d do all we can to get him to sign a new contract. 

Seems an odd point of view when the club bidding for him will definitely be above us in the league

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

Well obviously. I’m not suggesting to keep her here as a call girl. I was just making the point that the typically high turnover in the women‘s game could in this case have a knock on effect on the Doug. Conversely Dougie leaving might also affect her. 

I was just overreacting to your comments, just responding to them in the worst way they could be interpreted.

Lehmann has already been at 3 WSL teams in the last couple of years, but both her and Dougie's previous partners have lived abroad previously. I can't see Lehmann leaving the WSL. She also dated a national teammate who played for the PSG woman's team so I don't think it would matter to them.

Also above all this I just think the old "don't poop where you eat" rule comes in. I wouldn't quit my job if I started seeing a co-worker who then left the business. Dougie seems settled in the Midlands, a lot of squad seem to be happy and settled right now at Villa, it's a good place to be. He's playing most games and being paid well for it. I think he'll only go if we get a silly offer that we don't wanna turn down and then we wheel out 'Arry Redknapp on deadline day to convince him to get on a plane. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Considering we paid around £15m for him.. £30m is insulting in todays market in my opinion. Has to be around £45m with £5m addon to make it worth it. I’d rather keep him otherwise. 

Iwobi cost 30m.  35m gets you nothing in today’s market, especially not a Brazilian international of the quality of Luiz

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Olof82Mellberg4 said:

Seems an odd point of view when the club bidding for him will definitely be above us in the league

We don’t know who is bidding for him - perhaps Arsenal, perhaps Newcastle. I get what you are saying, but sometimes players need to move on for the evolution of the team. I’m on the fence with Luiz to be honest - main reason I wouldn’t want to see him leave is because it would be a classic Villa thing to do to sell him and him get even better. I’d like to see him get an extended amount of game time as an 8. 

Edited by Villa87

Why do people think just because we may look at Betancur it immediately means we must be selling Luiz.

God forbid we want 2 first team standard players for one role. They are first to moan that the bench is weak and has no options.

Lunatics I swear.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Pissflaps said:

Why do people think just because we may look at Betancur it immediately means we must be selling Luiz.

God forbid we want 2 first team standard players for one role. They are first to moan that the bench is weak and has no options.

Lunatics I swear.

He will be priced out of a move, we'll be asking more then Arsenal will be willing to pay..... pay back for ESR.

17 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Lunatics I swear.

Ain't as simple as that with his contract situation though.

40 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Lunatics I swear.

See Watkins / Ings. 

We are only Aston Villa, we can't have 2 quality players in the same position.😩

So Preece went from "reading between the lines", to "Gerrard told me..."

Preece has no idea what is going on and appears to never have had. Even right up to Grealish going he was telling all and sundry on the podcasts that he thought he wasn't. He's known nothing about any Villa news that any ITK journalist would have and Gerrard clearly hasn't told him anything. He's making it up. It may well turn out to be true (Luiz not wanting to stay) but you can bet Preece has absolutely no idea or an 'in' with Gerrard.

Edited by peterw
  • Like 2

Â