Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

2 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Our best and most composed CM, build the CM around him. 

As soon as Sanson went off our midfield lost control. Luiz and Sanson played really well together in the first half.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

As soon as Sanson went off our midfield lost control. Luiz and Sanson played really well together in the first half.

I’d argue that’s the best we’ve looked in central midfield for a long time. For the first time in ages, we seemed to have more composure in there and we didn’t look like it was 2 playing against 3. 

McGinn was excellent and I thought Luiz did well behind him and Sanson. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

It's interesting to see different opinions as I remember him giving the ball away cheaply quite a lot today. 

In the second half he did but he was excellent first half and played some lovely balls out wide. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sam-AVFC said:

It's interesting to see different opinions as I remember him giving the ball away cheaply quite a lot today. 

Dreadful for it the first 15 mins then really stepped up. Played well overall.

He's one of the best DMs in the league, was only a few weeks ago that everyone was insisting that Man City were going to buy him, or do people think that they were going to buy him to play in some other position that he's hardly ever played before, not sure what position people think he should play if he isn't a DM.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, useless said:

He's one of the best DMs in the league, was only a few weeks ago that everyone was insisting that Man City were going to buy him, or do people think that they were going to buy him to play in some other position that he's hardly ever played before, not sure what position people think he should play if he isn't a DM.

Absolutely nowhere near. 

10 minutes ago, useless said:

Only one game so by no means a full evaluation but the one game where he played a more advanced role, Newcastle H, he looked awful. 

He has shown no ability to play the #8 role. Doesn't have the dribbling skills or the athleticism. If he doesn't play as a 6 then I'm not sure how you get him on the field. 

1 minute ago, Rightdm00 said:

Only one game so by no means a full evaluation but the one game where he played a more advanced role, Newcastle H, he looked awful. 

He has shown no ability to play the #8 role. Doesn't have the dribbling skills or the athleticism. If he doesn't play as a 6 then I'm not sure how you get him on the field. 

I don’t think he’s quick enough or physical enough to play further forward. I think the game would pass him by perhaps? 

Not sure. 

He’ll get better but would much prefer an Ndidi/Bissouma quality DM in the Summer. 

4 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

As you said.

Incredibly low sample size.

Â