Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

2 hours ago, ender4 said:

Possibly our worst player on the pitch tonight. Luckily, it was in a match where it didn't matter.

He has 11 games where he has been awarded less than 10 votes for MOTM on here....He has not been awarded Motm on here once this season.....for a No6 that seem strange.

is there an explanation why this flies in the face of some of the comments.?

something doesn't seem to stack up.

Edited by TRO

He's been great for us, but he's playing a less showy role this season than he did last. Best four players for us this season have been Jack, Martinez, Konsa and Targett, with Luiz just after that.

• Like 3

Just now, Risso said:

He's been great for us, but he's playing a less showy role this season than he did last. Best four players for us this season have been Jack, Martinez, Konsa and Targett, with Luiz just after that.

Spot on. Special mention for Cash also

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TRO said:

He has 11 games where he has been awarded less than 10 votes for MOTM on here....He has not been awarded Motm on here once this season.....for a No6 that seem strange.

Ive read this a few times, but I don’t understand what you are saying...  

You agree that he’s usually amazing but today was off-form?

or are you saying he’s usually not good?

or you’re saying tonight he was as good as usual?

🤷‍♂️

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

Because he’s a defensive midfield. When you’re defensive midfielder gets motm every game like he did after lockdown last season it means you are doing a lot more defending than attacking. This season he is there to mainly break up play and start attacks  while the attacking players do the damage and get the credit. He needs to be player that is always there for a pass to keep things ticking over and in my opinion he is doing it superbly and is one of our best players. 

• Like 3

Just now, ender4 said:

Ive read this a few times, but I don’t understand what you are saying...  

You agree that he’s usually amazing but today was off-form?

or are you saying he’s usually not good?

or you’re saying tonight he was as good as usual?

🤷‍♂️

No.

The overall voting in the Motm section does not suggest what some folk are claiming.....he is attracting very few votes for his performances.

I'm saying the votes in the Motm ratings don't match with some folk saying he is playing well.....He got 1 vote for Motm in tonights game.....11 games this season he has mustered less then 10 votes and not got Motm once......what does that suggest?

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

No.

The overall voting in the Motm section does not suggest what some folk are claiming.....he is attracting very few votes for his performances.

I'm saying the votes in the Motm ratings don't match with some folk saying he is playing well.....He got 1 vote for Motm in tonights game.....11 games this season he has mustered less then 10 votes and not got Motm once......what does that suggest?

I don't understand either. Come on TRO spit it out.

Less of this: My first is in Marvellous but never in Nakamba.

9 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

I think people forget that he is usually the youngest player in the starting lineup.

He's 22. The only player younger than him who featured for us today was Jacob Ramsey.

He plays the most tactically demanding role, 90 mins week in, week out, and he gives a good account of himself most games, for a team that's challenging for a top 6 spot.

It's amazing really what he's doing here. Very unusual for someone his age to be putting in these kinds of performances on a regular basis. I think he'll go to the very top.

Phil foden is 20 years old......Mason Mount is only 22.

I am not saying he is a bad player.....I think some comments are over stated.

What he does in the future, is neither here or there, I hope he does, its about what he does now, we are commenting on......but right now, how folk vote for Motm is not commensurate, with some of the comments on here, is my point.

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

No.

Suggests some don't acknowledge the important role he plays and how simple he makes it look.

The contrast in peoples opinions on here is astounding, on one hand worried Man City will resign him, but then not in the Top 4-5 players in the club. 

For me, he's number 2 just behind Jack.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

What he does in the future, is neither here or there, I hope he does, its about what he does now, we are commenting on......but right now, how folk vote for Motm is not commensurate, with some of the comments on here, is my point.

Well, yes.

And Phil Foden is one of the best young players at Champions League chasing City and Mount is pretty effing good as well.

If you don't think someone is "that" great or not worth the plaudits I think you're barking up the wrong tree using MOTM votes as a gauge.

The poor lad plays in the same team as Jack Grealish and a load of other good players playing the best football of their careers. It's tough to stand out at the moment.

Doug is playing his part very well. He has a winning attitude and has the composure of a 30 year old with 100 international caps.

Edited by Tomaszk

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I don't understand either. Come on TRO spit it out.

Less of this: My first is in Marvellous but never in Nakamba.

I can't be clearer Tom.

The votes in the MOTM section this season for Dougie Luiz do not mirror the high praise he gets from some quarters.....Something is out of kilter.

He has got more than 10 votes..3 times all season and Motm not once.....Personally, I think he is overrated.....but hoping like many at 22 he lives up to the hype.

Just now, TRO said:

Foden and Mount aren't playing as DCMs though. Dougie's position is much more tactically demanding.

As for the MOTM thing - you can only vote for 1 MOTM. That doesn't mean the other 10 players haven't played well. It's hard for Dougie to shine, especially as most fans don't appreciate all the work a DCM does off the ball. The accolades will always go to the people doing the flashy stuff - goals, assists, saves, slide tackles.

That's fine if you're not interested in his future. IMO he is already justifying a starting place at Aston Villa every week, and is only going to improve. I think he's one of the best players in the team, and one of the best under-23 players in the world.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

Well, yes.

And Phil Foden is one of the best young players at Champions League chasing City and Mount is pretty effing good as well.

If you don't think someone is "that" great or not worth the plaudits I think you're barking up the wrong tree using MOTM votes as a gauge.

The poor lad plays in the same team as Jack Grealish and a load of other good players playing the best football of their careers.

Doug is playing his part very well. He has a winning attitude and has the composure of a 30 year old with 100 international caps.

You may be right....but it seems strange folk don't put votes where their mouths are.

I just don't think he is as good as many think....but happy to change my mind in the future.

Â