Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

6 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Worst case scenario Villa and City negotiate an inflated transfer fee to bring him home to Villa, if in the event City activate any buy back clause anyway.

I thought was already agreed thought 25 million mentioned though probably much less based on previous City player buy back deals

20 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I thought was already agreed thought 25 million mentioned though probably much less based on previous City player buy back deals

What I meant to say was that if City buy him back for 25 million, it will just be to sell him back to Villa for an inflated fee that is settled before the buy back clause is activated.

If he's integral to our plans and we want him for the future, City will see an opportunity for profit, and I think that will be the only time we see that clause activated.

I could be way off though don't mind me.

Edited by A'Villan

17 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

What I meant to say was that if City buy him back for 25 million, it will just be to sell him back to Villa for an inflated fee that is settled before the buy back clause is activated.

If he's integral to our plans and we want him for the future, City will see an opportunity for profit, and I think that will be the only time we see that clause activated.

He'd need to agree to move to city and then move back to us. They need his approval, would make more sense for us to just give him a new contract.

Luiz has said hasnt he that he does t have contact with City or anyone from City.

These Rumours I think have circulated just like the Grealish Rumours did of Jack leaving us and they will do, even more now that were sitting high up in the league.

I dont think Luiz would want to leave, certainly do not think he would get game time at City or as much as he would here. Why would a player want to make a move from Villa who are flying high at the moment to City.

This is a similar thing to the Grealish reason I gave, I see one reason for Luiz to want to leave this club, I see god knows how many reasons for Luiz to want to stay.

Luiz is a Villan now and he loves his role at the club, i would put a bet he is happy and in love with his role, he knows hes the main man at it.

Surely there has to be something in the deal that does stop City anyway from just buying him back and leaving us without any Luiz replacement. Surely that this would of been talked about, where if Luiz is a first eleven starter that if City buy him back that it surely has to be done during a window.

16 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Why would he agree to that?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Why would a player want to make a move from Villa who are flying high at the moment to City.

I love the Villa as much as anyone on here but I can't believe you have stated this.

Money & Champion's League can be powerful motivators??

I hope you are right though and he loves it at Villa or, failing that, we can offer both of these by the end of this season!!!

• Like 1

Good words from Dougie. So often you see these annoying "lost in translation" stories around this time saying I CAN'T WAIT TO LEAVE VILLA or something like that. Nothing of the like.

"About Man City, I've been doing my job at Villa, I don't really have conversations with City or [Pep] Guardiola.

“But it's a job that went together, I had help from City with Villa to be able to play in the Premier League.

“It's a very good thing to be able to play there without any difficulty.”

"Explaining a little about my evolution, as soon as I arrived at Aston Villa it was two days before the Premier League started,” Luiz added.

“It hindered me a little by not living with the players. After the break, I had time to do the training, get physically fit. It was the real change, to have known the players more and more.

“We’ve been doing a very good job, we have had time to work. It is a very different season than the one in which we fought not to be relegated. This has strengthened us so that we can do our best this season.

“We had signings that were essential, that adjusted the team, the coach has been doing a great job and we were able to beat the current champions. We want to continue doing our job to stay in the Premier League and aim for something bigger.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Pretty sure the lawyers will have canned anything approaching that idea. Otherwise you’re just in money-laundering territory. We might well lose him but some of the theories on here are definitely from people who have never negotiated a contract in any field in their life. 

Which is not to say there might not be a clause saying we can buy it out, which is basically the same thing, but that’s the joy of legal matters :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

I think this is something that we have all been a little blasé about. We have a real live Brazilian starting for a real live brazil team. That's mental

Just scares me we will lose him sooner, but you’re right it’s fantastic. 

20 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Surely there has to be something in the deal that does stop City anyway from just buying him back and leaving us without any Luiz replacement. Surely that this would of been talked about, where if Luiz is a first eleven starter that if City buy him back that it surely has to be done during a window.

Any transfer has to be done during a window...?

Real possibility that we'll be forced to replace both him and loanee Ross Barkley next summer but hopefully we'll be in a good position to do so. And by all accounts Chelsea loaned Barkley out to put him in the shopping window so maybe we can get him if the price is right.

Can't really see City forfeiting their opportunity to bring Luiz back thou, especially if the price is only £35m.

41 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think he's currently under a lot of radars - this is a man who has just started a game for your actual factual full strength Brazilian national team in a qualifier - he was excellent too, his stats from the game are exactly what we've been seeing for months - metronomic passing, vision and that neat and tidy method he has of completely controlling a midfield. 

He's 22 years old.

He's the youngest player in our first team squad.

He's younger than Keinan Davis.

The ceiling on what he can achieve in the game is absolutely enormous - he can be anything. I think this young man could well captain Brazil in the near future - it's not beyond the realms of possibility that he'll get to raise a World cup above his head at some point in his career - that's how far he could go.

He won't stay under radars long - I'd be delighted if we could find a way to tie him down to a new deal without the fear of City taking him back.

That would be ideal.

Fortunately I think the buy back for City next summer is in the region of £ 35 million or so, at least that's what I remember from the deal when I first heard about it. Wasn't it something like 3 year option of £ 25 million, £ 35 million, £ 45 million?

While he is easily worth the money, especially to us. I think at £ 35 million we will also be able to bring in half decent replacements. Fortunately. 

Â