Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

1 minute ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Blokes had 3 good games, playing as a DM when we were camped in our half with 10 men behind the ball. We didnt even win those games.

I've also enjoyed the performances but baffled why this suddenly means he has a queue of clubs waiting to buy him.

Very harsh. We have been shit but he has been outstanding in the last fewgames. Has given his all despite our poor form. Leta nkt forgwt how young he is. He has massive potential 

• Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Very harsh. We have been shit but he has been outstanding in the last fewgames. Has given his all despite our poor form. Leta nkt forgwt how young he is. He has massive potential 

But my point is, hes was outstanding in only 3 games, games that are typically easier for a defensive midfielder to shine in. I just dont see why that suddenly means hes city bound. Surely any serious club trying to buy him wants to see form over a longer period?

17 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Apparently but nobody knows how much it is. 

I think i read somewhere that it wss 30m.  I dont think he is yet good enough for city so i dont think they will exercise that in the summer

54 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Don't Man City have a buy back clause?

15 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Apparently but nobody knows how much it is. 

They do have one inserted.

How long the buy back clause is valid for and how much it's for is the unknown.

1 hour ago, cheltenham_villa said:

But my point is, hes was outstanding in only 3 games, games that are typically easier for a defensive midfielder to shine in. I just dont see why that suddenly means hes city bound. Surely any serious club trying to buy him wants to see form over a longer period?

He's shown flashes of quality all season in a poor team, has obviously shown a great level of professionalism with how he spent his time over the break in the season, has come back and been our best player since the restart. 

If we had 10 other players like him on the pitch we'd be **** laughing. 

• Like 2

Man City might put a buyback clause in every player they sell, I'm sure I read that that's something that Barcelona do, they had one for Adama and we weren't allowed to sell him to Real Madrid.

To  be honest as good as Luiz is doing and for all the promise he has, I doubt City will be buying him back, has shown nowhere near enough that he's good enough for their side, if he'd have put in performances for another team that he's put in for us and fans of that other team were talking about him going to City we'd probably wonder what they were talking about.

I'm not even sure if they'd get much benefit from buying him back just to sell him for a profit, if the buyback clause is say £25m, then in reality they aren't going to make much profit on that by selling him on, if any at all. I suppose they could buy him back and loan him out, hoping he performs well enough to increase his value so they can then sell him on for a profit, but there's no guarantee that his value would increase, and if not they will have wasted their money buying him back.

2 hours ago, useless said:

Man City might put a buyback clause in every player they sell, I'm sure I read that that's something that Barcelona do, they had one for Adama and we weren't allowed to sell him to Real Madrid.

To  be honest as good as Luiz is doing and for all the promise he has, I doubt City will be buying him back, has shown nowhere near enough that he's good enough for their side, if he'd have put in performances for another team that he's put in for us and fans of that other team were talking about him going to City we'd probably wonder what they were talking about.

I'm not even sure if they'd get much benefit from buying him back just to sell him for a profit, if the buyback clause is say £25m, then in reality they aren't going to make much profit on that by selling him on, if any at all. I suppose they could buy him back and loan him out, hoping he performs well enough to increase his value so they can then sell him on for a profit, but there's no guarantee that his value would increase, and if not they will have wasted their money buying him back.

Flashes of quality but it seems crazy to worry that man city will be trying to buy a defensive midfielder from a prem club who have currently conceded the most goals in the premier league.

I like him, hes started to look like the player we all hoped for but I'd be shocked so see him leave let alone for the Club currently 2nd. 

If someone wants to throw money at us, that's another story but I cant see why they would.

On 28/06/2020 at 18:31, Demitri_C said:

I think i read somewhere that it wss 30m.  I dont think he is yet good enough for city so i dont think they will exercise that in the summer

From memory I thought it was 20m if at the end of this season, 25m if at the end of next season.

39 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Strange how that we look at him as our saviour. Looking forward to what he'll do for us the next couple of games.

Dont think anyone has said he is our "saviour" just highlighting and rightly praising how he has inproved alot receently. 

Massive exaggeration there.

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Dont think anyone has said he is our "saviour" just highlighting and rightly praising how he has inproved alot receently. 

Massive exaggeration there.

No one said that, but I meant that in reality he saved us from atleast two goals, assisted one. He’s the one who you think would get an assist or help clearing goals. 
Fair play to him. 
He might be our saviour because he’s the only one stepping up and could give us hope to improve the team. 

37 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

No one said that, but I meant that in reality he saved us from atleast two goals, assisted one. He’s the one who you think would get an assist or help clearing goals. 
Fair play to him. 
He might be our saviour because he’s the only one stepping up and could give us hope to improve the team. 

I agree he hasbeen excellent. You can see he has potential to be excellent in years to come. I realky want to keep hold of him

9 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I agree he hasbeen excellent. You can see he has potential to be excellent in years to come. I realky want to keep hold of him

I think if he carries on like this a few clubs will be interested in him. It might be difficult to hold on to him. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, gurru991 said:

I think if he carries on like this a few clubs will be interested in him. It might be difficult to hold on to him. 

He's a Brazilian International he defo won't be playing Championship football next season. Not a chance

On 14/06/2020 at 13:40, villa4europe said:

I play in Germany twice a week, even after translating it really simple things like "turn" don't translate, it's a different way of communicating

Easiest example is zuruck translates to back but if you want someone to pass backwards you say hinter which means behind 

Man on is Mann kommt which means man is coming 

Yep same here.

Man on is 'plecy' which is literally 'back'. 

If they're open in the middle it's 'druga' which is 2nd.

It's confusing for sure.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Yes.... 'people'

He's allowed to change his mind you know, he's not in an echo chamber you know. There's at least 18 hours between these 2 comments!!!!

• Haha 1

Â