Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

Just a quick note to say that was an absolutely abysmal cameo. Given the pelters Kodjia got for his 15 minutes against Spurs, Luiz should get the same. Dearie me.

Really wasn't that bad, got on the ball quite a lot made a couple of good forward passes but did make one very poor pass as well.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Just a quick note to say that was an absolutely abysmal cameo. Given the pelters Kodjia got for his 15 minutes against Spurs, Luiz should get the same. Dearie me.

Huh? He was invicible alright, but it’s not like he did any worse than most others on the pitch.

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I thought he looked fine. He set up the chance for Grealish as well. 

I’m not sure what some fans have against this kid, 

Was a good chance as well. But when he came on West Ham targeted him and got a but of joy through the middle. 

He isnt a DM and not sure where he fits in. bit of a luxury we cant really afford now

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Didn't really understand the sub.

Nothing against Luiz as he was neat and tidy but surely a more forward thinking CM like Hourihane or even Lansbury considering he "scored" v Palace should've come on for that sub?

We weren't losing the game. Yes we wanted to win - but not at the expense of letting West Ham sneak one. Nakamba doesn't have the same passing ability so it made sense to me to bring Luiz on. 

Plus, he's already scored a screamer for us

Anyone know what was up with him today? I assume injured as he's been in the 18 every game this season.

As much as I didn't like him being the one to come on with twenty left on Monday....today I think he'd have been exactly the sort of sub to bring on and get some calm back into our passing.

Frustrating if he was left out for "tactical reasons" or whatever.

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Anyone know what was up with him today? I assume injured as he's been in the 18 every game this season.

As much as I didn't like him being the one to come on with twenty left on Monday....today I think he'd have been exactly the sort of sub to bring on and get some calm back into our passing.

Frustrating if he was left out for "tactical reasons" or whatever.

If he did a bad job on Monday, as many here suggested, maybe that was the reason he was sidelined.

But I would think it was a knock on training. And no need to rush him after making a bad 20 minutes experience, imo.

39 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Luiz was decent when he came on against West Ham. No reason to leave him out, if tactical well, very questionable decision.

Surely he should have left Conor or lansbury out ? The way Smith had some set out second half luiz would have been good option

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Surely he should have left Conor or lansbury out ? The way Smith had some set out second half luiz would have been good option

It really doesn’t matter which one he left out though does it? Either one, the sub was made too late 

• Like 3

Â