Björn Engels

Delphinho123

32 minutes ago, AtkinsonWonderGoal said:

Shame. I really liked him. Was ahead of Kourtney Howler for me in the pecking order... although KH did do well recently in those few games he played

Not a huge Hause fan myself but I don’t ever actually remember a howler from him…? Have I blanked them out?

Edit: see a few people beat me to this, not meaning to pile on.

Edited by Adam2003
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

I know people like the guy but surely got to be one of our worst ever signings?

We payed what 10M for a player you can count actual good performances with one hand and he were also injured for i don't know how long

Not even close

He's being moved on as part of us quickly buying a squad to stay up, then having a squad to get mid table, then having a squad to get in to Europe 

We've moved on from him, maybe quicker than we thought we would, probably because the konsa "gamble" paid off 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I know people like the guy but surely got to be one of our worst ever signings?

We payed what 10M for a player you can count actual good performances with one hand and he were also injured for i don't know how long

Bosko Balaban says hi.

I'd say he is simply 4th choice and knows that. He feels he needs to play regularly and he won't do that at Villa unless Mings and Konsa are injured. We need to sign a CB who can realistically force his way into the first team in the next couple of years. 

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

How about Ben Mee,  just so we can use the bitch for shooting practice. 

Searched and searched but there's no gif for "cloggs" 😔

White just to piss arsenal off... 

Or in all honesty 4th choice CB I'd take some kid off the continent or league 2 that everyone has to Google, take the risk, we don't need an expensive 1st choice CB this summer, get a 19 year old in from Austria and break him in gently, not a clue who that is 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Searched and searched but there's no gif for "cloggs" 😔

White just to piss arsenal off... 

Or in all honesty 4th choice CB I'd take some kid off the continent or league 2 that everyone has to Google, take the risk, we don't need an expensive 1st choice CB this summer, get a 19 year old in from Austria and break him in gently, not a clue who that is 

That's the best play really.

I'd prefer someone on the same level as TM and EZ but we are probably at least one season away from having that sort of depth.

• Like 1

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

That's the best play really.

I'd prefer someone on the same level as TM and EZ but we are probably at least one season away from having that sort of depth.

Yeah I agree 

Bigger problems, we won't fix everything this summer, midfield needs more love than the defence 

See also signing Ashley Young, maybe we do something similar with the defence, Gary cahill would make things weird 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Not a huge Hause fan myself but I don’t ever actually remember a howler from him…? Have I blanked them out?

Edit: see a few people beat me to this, not meaning to pile on.

Ironically, of the 7 games he played in, we won 4, drew 2 and lost 1.

I actually thought he was very good when he played tbh.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

Ironically, of the 7 games he played in, we won 4, drew 2 and lost 1.

I actually thought he was very good when he played tbh.

Same. It was his 1st couple of games when he played at lb I thought there was no hope.

1 hour ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Off to Royal Antwerp now. We'll definitely need some center back cover this window.

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

had such high hopes. did OK in his first few games. 4th choice now though, and was obviously looking for a move.

need a new CB now though i guess? unless i'm missing someone we've only got 3 now?

Definitely will, imo we need someone who can keep Mings & Konsa on their toes and push them too… and of course to cover in case of injury or suspension. Hause is a decent backup but not threatening either of their positions, competition will help us be more successful.

59 minutes ago, sidcow said:

awkward arrested development GIF

Wow. Wasn't expecting that. 

Have we even got a fee out of this? Nothing seems to be mentioned. 

Strange transfer.  Obviously just not fancied by Deano for whatever reason. 

I’m sure we got a reasonable fee, wouldn’t make much sense otherwise.

Hope we can bring in genuine competition rather than just cover or at least someone good enough to develop into a potential starter in the future…

Â