Björn Engels

Delphinho123

Wasn't it actually mentioned that his partner was pregnant a few months back so he might've been the one with the mother in law at home looking after things so might not have fancied playing.

Ultimately with all the signings we're going to make we will have to move players on so think Engels will probably be one of those even though he was decent in spells last year.

I think he’s done at the club, even as a back up. 
I don’t know why.

i believe he’s in the same boat as Taylor, Jota Lansbury and AEG, as good as they try and play, they’re not at the level required for Villa’s ambitions 

shame, because they all have something, just not premier league something 

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Wasn't it actually mentioned that his partner was pregnant a few months back so he might've been the one with the mother in law at home looking after things so might not have fancied playing.

He has definitely been into training at some point in pre season. Not sure if it was with the full group but theirs an image with him and Jack

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

Another belgian signing that makes me wonder if Suso's dog had a bank account in Belgium. Engels, Wesley, Nakamba, Samatta.... I'll let you jump to your own conclusions but for me I'm extremely glad Suso is gone.  

Dean wanted to sign Engels when he was at Brentford.

2 hours ago, Rich192 said:

Engels came from the French league. 

Very odd what’s happening with him though, do we know if he played any pre-season? I liked him, but if Smith doesn’t then we need to replace him. 

I'm not sure he has you know but happy to be corrected if he has started any of our pre season games, although I can recall seeing him in training.

I like Engels and I hope he remains as a back up CB. 

5 hours ago, villa89 said:

Another belgian signing that makes me wonder if Suso's dog had a bank account in Belgium. Engels, Wesley, Nakamba, Samatta.... I'll let you jump to your own conclusions but for me I'm extremely glad Suso is gone.  

To be fair, Engels came from France and was being tracked by Smith long before either him or Suso ended up at Villa.

Don't mind if he leaves; he's more competent at his job than some in the squad (I'm looking at you Lansbury), but where we want to be in a year, he isn't good enough. 

If we get the right price to strengthen where need, fine. 

I have no issue with selling him and bringing in another back up.

After a really promising start he just looked so out of his depth. His performance against spurs was shocking. We can't have defenders who are capable of gifting multiple goals in one game. 

Just now, AntrimBlack said:

Do they think Hause is better? I cannot believe that.

Hause is always available for selection. Given Engels inconsistent availability im fine with cashing in on a sell if the opportunity is there. 

Â