Björn Engels

Delphinho123

11 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

Don't get some of the hate.
First season at this level - started well but faded. Clearly had injuries, and I suspect other stuff has gone on as well. 

Konsa has clearly progressed, and will (as things stand) be first choice alongside Mings next season. If this guy is the back-up right sided CB, then that sounds OK to me, but he could progress and become a lot better. He's still only 25.

Yes we'll likely replace him in another year or 2, when the squad is at a completely different level, but we can only go out and buy perhaps 3 or 4 top quality players this summer, and we have higher priorities than getting this guy out of the club. 

Very much this, especially the last paragraph.

• Like 1

Be interesting to find out what this injury is and how look it has been hampering him.  If he has been playing with it for a while before lockdown it might explain a lot.

Start of the season he looked an absolute steal. Just a good defender who gets into right positions and he moved the ball well too.

It is not the end of the road for him at all...unless of course he has ended up giving Deano the peoples elbow or some shit 

• Like 2

Might he have been the player that had asthma that Dean was talking about?  I suspect the real answer is the most obvious, he just had an injury.  He read the game well and his positioning was good but he did get a bit exposed over the first couple of yards when players were running past him.  Certainly one to keep though imo.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Be interesting to find out what this injury is and how look it has been hampering him.  If he has been playing with it for a while before lockdown it might explain a lot.

Start of the season he looked an absolute steal. Just a good defender who gets into right positions and he moved the ball well too.

It is not the end of the road for him at all...unless of course he has ended up giving Deano the peoples elbow or some shit 

Yeah I don't think he's a lost cause whatsoever and definitely good enough for the squad. 

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Achilles tendon injury

6 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Might he have been the player that had asthma that Dean was talking about?  I suspect the real answer is the most obvious, he just had an injury.  He read the game well and his positioning was good but he did get a bit exposed over the first couple of yards when players were running past him.  Certainly one to keep though imo.

That was Chester wasn't it.

He’s just put up on insta him having rehab. By the looks of it, the physio has only returned to work today (I’m guessing as Engels says something like good to have you back). Perhaps there is nothing more to it than we couldn’t get him fit

• Like 1

Based on the pictures after the game on Sunday there is no way there was issues other than him being injured. There's a good defender in there, I remember his superb debut in particular. Hope he is fit again soon.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Seeing that the priority is on bringing in attacking players, we should keep him for now. As someone mentioned earlier we need at least 4 senior CBs in the squad and he is competent enough for the PL. 

I think he would have looked very good after the lockdown with the system that was in place.

• Like 1

Â