Björn Engels

Delphinho123

So baffling what has happened with him this season. Out of the side for ages with no explanation, plenty of rumours and now “injured” and still not playing. Think he will be quietly taken out the back and shot at the end of the season. 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Started brightly. Thought we had an absolute gem. Like most our signings got consistently worse which is surely a coaching issue.

personally i think he will prove to be a good signing.

42 minutes ago, Spoony said:

So baffling what has happened with him this season. Out of the side for ages with no explanation, plenty of rumours and now “injured” and still not playing. Think he will be quietly taken out the back and shot at the end of the season. 

Think he's injured isn't he? News quiet though yes.

Like the rest of the side confidence got lower and lower through the season. The best on the ball of all our CBs I think. Makes Tottenham even more upsetting.

First 7/8 games thought he looked different class and better than Mings and thought we had bagged a bargain .... 25 games later not sure what has happened and gone wrong with him and hope he can get fit and regain form ASAP. His lack of pace isn’t a huge concern when Mings is alongside him and on form. The speed gun must have been faulty the day his speed was recorded 🤔 cause something doesn’t add up as he is .1 of a MPH faster than Saint-Maxim FFS apparently 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

Maybe he has been carrying an injury and maybe he has fallen out with Smith.

Dam  shame if true but even though I think Smith should go, regardless you have to back the manager if he has stepped out of line. If he had maintained fitness and form though I very much doubt we would be in the bottom 3. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

Rumours at xmas he disagreed with playing 3 at the back (even though his country often play it) and so was dropped. That's why you saw Hause come from nowhere and become a regular starter for us.

Pretty sure Hause has now started over 20 league games which is something you really wouldn't have believed in August.

• Like 1

Even though he showed many positives when playing alongside Mings, he also made mistakes in those games. I remember quite a few misplaced passes. And his last game against Tottenham was just a horror show.

I do think he's got potential to be a good player in this league though.

I still like Engels, hope he will be with us next season.

If we could have mings and engels as our CB pairing next season, with konsa and house as backup, I would be a happy bunny tbh 

Just the rest of the team that needs sorting :)

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 2

Remember very early in the season martinez (Belgium), mentioned he didn't pick him die to an ongoing injury.

Wonder if this now long term injury is linked to that?

Seems likely, engels seems to have been injured for 2/3 of the season.

17 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

It's really great to be kept in the loop over these things. Communication from the club has been incredible the past month.

Not 

Why should we be kept in the loop. It may have affected Engels mentally and he didn’t want media attention from it. Perhaps the club want to keep it quiet. Just because we are fans of the club, doesn’t mean we have to know every little detail that is going on.

• Like 1

Â