Björn Engels

Delphinho123

4 hours ago, Enda said:

I’m sure his 25 grand a week (or whatever he’s on) will keep him warm at night. Yes we all feel sorry for him but he’s a professional footballer. I won’t feel too much sympathy for him if we go down.

Like it, real throwback this.

Haven't seen an argument like this since about 2003.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Enda said:

I’m sure his 25 grand a week (or whatever he’s on) will keep him warm at night. Yes we all feel sorry for him but he’s a professional footballer. I won’t feel too much sympathy for him if we go down.

Tell us about your experiences of making 7 figures a year and being immune from any sort of feelings/problems. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lexicon said:

Tell us about your experiences of making 7 figures a year and being immune from any sort of feelings/problems. 

I have no experience of making 7 figures a year. Obviously I make less than that, and even then if I have an absolutely dogsh*t day I worry about getting fired from my job.

Bjorn Engels has more job security than I do, and gets paid ten times more.

• Confused 1

Just now, Enda said:

Bjorn Engels has more job security than I do, and gets paid ten times more.

I think we’ll be relegated this season. (Hope I’m wrong, but I think we will.) Bjorn should take his bollicking. I am surprised by VT rushing for the “just needs an arm around his shoulder, poor fella” cliche.

These are the same people who complain when we lack ruthlessness on the pitch.

7 minutes ago, Enda said:

I think we’ll be relegated this season. (Hope I’m wrong, but I think we will.) Bjorn should take his bollicking. I am surprised by VT rushing for the “just needs an arm around his shoulder, poor fella” cliche.

These are the same people who complain when we lack ruthlessness on the pitch.

And how does giving him a bollocking help? I think he knows that he **** up. 

3 minutes ago, lexicon said:

And how does giving him a bollocking help? I think he knows that he **** up. 

The players are nonchalant. Even Dean Smith has admitted he thinks they have a mentality problem.

7 minutes ago, Enda said:

The players are nonchalant. Even Dean Smith has admitted he thinks they have a mentality problem.

They really aren't nonchalant. Looked absolutely gutted at the final whistle. If you supported villa through the season we got relegated, you're not half using an odd choice of words. 

4 minutes ago, lexicon said:

If you supported villa through the season we got relegated, you're not half using an odd choice of words. 

I think expectations is where we are on different pages: you just compared the current crop to one of the worst showers to ever play top flight football. I agree we’re not there. But we ARE at a stage where the manager publicly questions the players’ commitment in press conferences. I think that speaks absolute volumes, far more than looking sad for the camera.

12 minutes ago, Enda said:

I think expectations is where we are on different pages: you just compared the current crop to one of the worst showers to ever play top flight football. I agree we’re not there. But we ARE at a stage where the manager publicly questions the players’ commitment in press conferences. I think that speaks absolute volumes, far more than looking sad for the camera.

What were his exact words? I've not heard them.

On 19/02/2020 at 08:57, lexicon said:

What were his exact words? I've not heard them.

After Watford, article titled Dean Smith questions commitment of Aston Villa players after Watford defeat.

Smith said: “The last few games I have questioned [their commitment]. I didn’t question it on Thursday against Norwich, but second half at Sheffield United I didn’t think we showed enough and first half today we definitely didn’t show enough.”

Today, after Southampton, article titled 'The thing that hurt the most' - Dean Smith doesn't hold back after defeat to Southampton.

Smith said "My feelings are one of embarrassment, I suppose. The performance was dreadful highlighted in the first 20 minutes.... We never competed or showed enough desire to get on the ball.... The thing that hurt me the most was a that lack of fight, particularly in the first half."

Smith has questioned the Villa players' commitment, desire, fight, whatever you want to call it, multiple times now. Publicly. There's something rotten with their attitude. And it's been going on for months. I am surprised there hasn't been more anger against the players.

6 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Rightly dropped. 

Unless an injury occurs I can't see him getting back in. Last 2 starts both abysmal performances.

You might be right and he could be out of the picture, but after today’s game he could easily come into the cup final team next to Mings in a back 4, with Hause losing the man for their first goal and Konsa being very raw (and obviously Smith’s post match comments).

2 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

You might be right and he could be out of the picture, but after today’s game he could easily come into the cup final team next to Mings in a back 4, with Hause losing the man for their first goal and Konsa being very raw (and obviously Smith’s post match comments).

Actually agree. We were so bad today, smith might not have any choice but to try something new. 

We're an absolute mess at the back. 

• Like 1

I'd bring him back with Mings in a back 4. They were solid together. We can add another body in midfield where we get absolutely battered. Problem is, our only options for the cup final for that midfield spot is either Drinkwater or Hourihane. Probably better off with the 3 CBs I guess :( 

5 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I'd bring him back with Mings in a back 4. They were solid together. We can add another body in midfield where we get absolutely battered. Problem is, our only options for the cup final for that midfield spot is either Drinkwater or Hourihane. Probably better off with the 3 CBs I guess :( 

Drinkwater is cup tied

Â