Björn Engels

Delphinho123

A perfect example of how crazy the English market is. I was absolutely gutted that we didn't get Tuanzebe and anticipate that we would have had to pay £25m plus. This kid comes in for £8m was it? And we aren't missing Axel at all. In fact, I'd argue that Engels is the better player. 

If he keeps playing like this, he should receive a call up for Belgium.  The guy is so calm in possession and seems to be exactly in the right place at the right time.  Pure quality and a bargain at £8m.  

Edited by ferguson1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, roonst83 said:

Was really excited when we signed Konsa but turns out I’m loving Engles instead. 

Konsa will get his chance and I think will grow and excel too.  I do like the look of Engels though....reminds me of Kompany. 

Him and Mings are forming a formidable partnership.  You can see that when Mings tried to adjust his teeth for him!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, av1 said:

A perfect example of how crazy the English market is. I was absolutely gutted that we didn't get Tuanzebe and anticipate that we would have had to pay £25m plus. This kid comes in for £8m was it? And we aren't missing Axel at all. In fact, I'd argue that Engels is the better player. 

Engels is a much better player than Tuanzebe. Brilliant buy.

• Like 2

On 22/07/2019 at 23:42, Sulberto21 said:

I think of all the new signings we will be most impressed with Engels. He seems to be very intelligent and he has a calmness about him which will benefit us greatly.

The lottery numbers for this week are...

• Like 1

Looks class, bargain right now for what we paid, if he maintains this form he’ll be worth £30/£40M next summer.

Calm, strong, throws himself into it when needed, great energy between him, Mings and Heaton. Dare I say it, he looks like he’s been here for years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

Does he have a song at villa park yet?

Not anything that has taken off. 

Robbie Williams 'angels' seems the obvious choice. 

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

Does he have a song at villa park yet?

Got to be an adaptation of Angels surely?!

’And through it all, he offers us protection, a lot of blocks and perfection, with or without the ball. I’m loving Engels instead’

I’ll get my coat........

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Looks class, bargain right now for what we paid, if he maintains this form he’ll be worth £30/£40M next summer.

Calm, strong, throws himself into it when needed, great energy between him, Mings and Heaton. Dare I say it, he looks like he’s been here for years.

We have done such a good job of rebuilding. Engels, Jota, Guilbert and McGinn all for under £20m. You could make an argument for that little quartet alone being worth £100m by the end of year. 

It's night and day from the approach we have taken for decades now. 

Just now, av1 said:

We have done such a good job of rebuilding. Engels, Jota, Guilbert and McGinn all for under £20m. You could make an argument for that little quartet alone being worth £100m by the end of year. 

It's night and day from the approach we have taken for decades now. 

No ta, rather have £30 million pound Webster

Â