Björn Engels

Delphinho123

22 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

That successful tackles and tackle success stats are slightly concerning! 

Unless he played for such a good team that he didn't need to make many tackles? Can be the only reason otherwise that state is mystifying. 

• Like 1

And through it all he offers me protection A lot of blocks and deflections Whether I’m right or wrong

And down the Villa Park wherever it may take me I know that life won’t break me when I come to call he won’t forsake me...

I’m lovin ‘ Engels instead 😂

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, colhint said:

On corners we could have Bjorn 6' 4 Wes and Ty 6'3 and Anwar 6'2 in the box. That'll be a handful.

Your point is right but even more so than you're saying because AFAIK Tyrone is 6' 5".

We'll know for sure soon enough but I'm pretty sure we'll see he's still the tallest guy in the team, even with the recent addition of a couple more big ****.

32 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

I was about to say 11 successful tackles? That's got to be wrong as that's shocking

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

There are lies. 

There are damn lies. 

And then there are statistics. 

32 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Could be a brilliant reader of the game. Reims was the joint 5th best defence in the league

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I was about to say 11 successful tackles? That's got to be wrong as that's shocking

I saw that, 11 tackles in 33 games, weird. Just looked and Virgil Van Dijk only made 38 last year... maybe I don’t understand what a ‘tackle’ is in the statistical sense.

Welcome Björn! Anyone with the name Björn is warmly welcome at Villa, hopefully he can play a bit as well.

Would be interesting to compare him to Webster. Seem to be quite a few similarities, height (or was that length? 😄), age, capped at U21 and youth level, good in the air and good at passing, but not the fastest of defenders, if what I've read somewhere is correct.

10 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Do we have his interception stats? Maybe reads the game well that he doesn’t need to tackle as often, and positioning may be very good. 

1.3 per game which puts him in the top 70 in Ligue 1. Interestingly he's tied for 6th in the league for clearances per game and in the top 20 for blocks which might go some way to explain his lack of tackling.

8 minutes ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

Stats aren’t everything.

I believe in Engels. Something good in everything I see.

You can stick your other four centre backs where the sun don't shine.

I'm loving Engels instead.

6 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I saw that, 11 tackles in 33 games, weird. Just looked and Virgil Van Dijk only made 38 last year... maybe I don’t understand what a ‘tackle’ is in the statistical sense.

We seem to have signed a centre half that doesn’t tackle.

• Haha 1

Â