Björn Engels

Delphinho123

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Waxed lyrical about him all season but boy that was horrendous for the first goal. Not just the clumsy tackle but the attempted pass/ clearance prior to that,

He made a couple of passes like that VS West Ham.

3 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Daughter watched the game and asked who’s that? 

Bjorn Engels I said, we signed him in the summer and he’s really good. Been excellent for us so far. 

2 seconds pass.

Gives away penalty. 

It was around the same time that the commentators were hailing him as a bargain signing at 9m and a few minutes after I was praising him in the match thread. We truly cursed him.

Silly challenge but Guendouzi was already diving regardless. He just had to give him something to work with though smh.

2 mistakes (1st pen was silly), 2 goals conceded.

The second he gave the free kick away.

Saying that, it was a horrendous wall and Jack actively jumped out the way, but it was a silly foul to concede.

For all the calm and passing from the back he does, it looks great when we're well in the game, but it's costly when we're hanging on an just need someone to put their foot through it.

Another harsh lesson..

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

2 mistakes (1st pen was silly), 2 goals conceded.

The second he gave the free kick away.

Saying that, it was a horrendous wall and Jack actively jumped out the way, but it was a silly foul to concede.

For all the calm and passing from the back he does, it looks great when we're well in the game, but it's costly when we're hanging on an just need someone to put their foot through it.

Another harsh lesson..

Surprised more hasn't been said about that......it was sloppy.....that gaping hole just acted like a telescopic sight for Aubameyang......I thought it was very amateurish organisation.

• Like 1

Just now, TRO said:

Surprised more hasn't been said about that......it was sloppy.....that gaping hole just acted like a telescopic sight for Aubameyang......I thought it was very amateurish organisation.

Peter Schmeichel special, I call them.

For such a legend of the game, he could never set a wall up.  See CL final for proof lol.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Suspect marking for the second goal (at least looked it from my angle), seems to have dropped off a bit in terms of his performance level.

I watched it closely on the replay and he can Mings seemed to get caught between two men. It’s obviously an error in that being the danger man he should have been paid more attention but I’m inclined to say it was good forward play. That said the minute he dropped deep and played it wide I thought to myself he’ll be busting a gut to get on the end of that. It’s was obvious and we ought to have been more alive to it. Wesley should be watching that goal on repeat. 

I’m more angry that two men in Taylor and Grealish couldn’t do enough to stop Lowton putting in an inch perfect cross. 

On 05/10/2019 at 19:45, Tomaszk said:

Smith said he was OK btw. Wanted to carry on but he pulled him to get a CB on the field.

It was a great opportunity to test Konsa at this level.

Very understandable that Smith did what he did.

• Like 1

Â