Björn Engels

Delphinho123

Shows you don't always need blistering pace to be a good defender.  McGrath and Laursen could read the game especially well, and this guy seems to be on the same page.   Very promising debut and will hopefully form a very good partnership with Mings.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Shows you don't always need blistering pace to be a good defender.  McGrath and Laursen could read the game especially well, and this guy seems to be on the same page.   Very promising debut and will hopefully form a very good partnership with Mings.  

I agree with you, but McGrath and Laursen had pace.

Just now, Danishlad said:

I agree with you, but McGrath and Laursen had pace.

Not "blistering" pace though, which most pundits, fans are obsessed with nowadays.  If you read the game well it goes a very long way. 

Him and Mings together were so good. Throw in Heaton and we are going to shut out more than a few teams this season.  Also, correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure Engels played that killer ball that put Trezeguet clean through in the first half.  All in all a great debut. 

really glad he has taken his pre season form in to the Prem and showed he's the real deal.

If this match was a genuine showing of his ability, the Mings/Engels partnership is going to be really class/important for us, then add Heaton behind them and thats a really strong defensive core.

5 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

really glad he has taken his pre season form in to the Prem and showed he's the real deal.

Agreed, ore season can be a false barometer, but he certainly looks every bit a PL player. 

Â