Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

36 minutes ago, PatrickCousens said:

We need proven quality in this position. Personally I'd be disappointed if that's this guy - too risky. 

Ain't gonna get PL "proven" for £10m, but he doesn't fill me with confidence.

Callum Robinson or Ollie Watkins could be available at £10m.

I wonder if he's being bought as cover for Wes as well as wing option.

3 hours ago, Teale's 'tache said:

For those that haven't seen anything of him already, this is his highlights from last season...

It's so difficult to read much from it because the level of defending he's up against is in the main awful, certainly has some pace and a decent delivery.

Must say this is the first player we've been linked with strongly that I'm just not sold on, I can't really put my finger on why, happy to be proved wrong of course!

Love the Kubrick-esque editing complete with title cards between goals.

• Like 1

Hope he surprises me, but I'm underwhelmed. He's a grafter though and always puts in a shift. I just hope we get Benrahma or someone similar, then we can have real competition for the wide position.

El Ghazi
Benrahma
Trezeguet
Jota

Not a bad set of wingers at all.

• Like 2

this thread was started at 11am (UK time) on 11/07/19, if he hasn't signed before 11am (UK time) on 12/07/19, prob wont happen, because as of now all our signings have only become apparent at most 24 hours before they happen....... :)

• Like 1

A work in progress with raw attributes smith can work with which is what he does best... He has the right attitude and works hard, so personally I can’t see why some are so opposed... Just look how much El Ghazi grew as the season progressed and  apparently Suso watched him 3 times at the AFCON so @ under £10mill makes sense in many ways. Not all our signings will work out how we hope based on the law of averages so time will tell... If he signs

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

I think he looks a much more exciting winger than people seem to be giving credit for, but that's only based on the highlight videos, and what I saw of him at the world cup. In some ways he reminds me of a faster and younger Albert Adomah. One concern I would have is that he apparently found it hard to settle in Belgium, with the language barrier being cited as one of the reasons. I'd prefer Benrahma, but somehow I doubt that will happen.

18 minutes ago, thabucks said:

A work in progress with raw attributes smith can work with which is wait he does best... He has the right attitude and works hard, so personally I can’t see why some are so opposed... Just look how much El Ghazi grew as the season progressed and  apparently Suso watched him 3 times at the AFCON so @ under £10mill makes sense in many ways. Not all our signings will work out how we hope based on the law of averages so time will tell... If he signs

For me the only way he looks raw any more than a dozen other people is because someone said he looked raw last week. All this work in progress stuff too. He looks like a pacey winger who may or may not adapt well to the Prem. 

• Like 2

So he's not any good because the defence is bad. Yet we rate attacking players from a league where Allan Hutton is allowed to run end to end and score.

He's been on of the better performes in an Egypt team with Salah and our very own Elmo. 

I'll allow myself to get a little carried away and call it an Interesting signing. 

I think part of it is because he doesn't look like a fancy winger, if you were to try and guess his position from his appearance alone, you might guess at hard working full-back, or defensive midfielder. I think it's also because we're potentially only signing one more creative player, so people want us to really go for it with that signing as it's going to be a very important one for us.

17 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I think he looks promising on the videos, but was has happened with the Joe Lolley links? Would rather pay extra for him.

Well, yes. Trézéguet may be fine, but he wasn't Forged In The Fires Of Off Topic. 

• Like 1

Â