Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Raw as in unfinished, not age. And that's why he's a punt.

yeah i get that, but raw/unfinished is broardly applied to a younger player due to possible future development time.

Hassan is nearly 25 and should be approaching his prime, not "unfinished".

But granted a 25 year old can develop, so hopefully he's a teeny bit raw and could develop a bit, rather than 25 and needs 4 years work to develop.

26 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

For those that haven't seen anything of him already, this is his highlights from last season...

It's so difficult to read much from it because the level of defending he's up against is in the main awful, certainly has some pace and a decent delivery.

Must say this is the first player we've been linked with strongly that I'm just not sold on, I can't really put my finger on why, happy to be proved wrong of course!

Goal number 10 is my favourite. I half-expected the camera to pan to the crowd to see Jabba the Hutt laughing about his first goal scorer winnings.

• Like 2

Raw is often applied to age, but not exclusively and not how I meant it. In fact, not how I meant it at all because I was merely recalling something someone else had already said on here.

As for why I mentioned it, we actually agree, he is a punt because you might hope someone of his age being brought into the Premier League was more of a finished product.

We will see if his raw talent is enough.

Well, he wears #7, but it looks like he can play on either wing or down the middle, he has a shot in him, and he takes FKs and penalties. Useful player to have. 

EDIT: Didn't see many crosses though. 

Edited by mjmooney

18 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Tonev's YouTube compilation guff was miles better than that. Nothing in there at all that makes him look PL ready.

Luckily it is a YouTube compilation guff so doesn't say much about him as a player.

Wasn't Tonev's video just 200 shots? 

9 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Wasn't Tonev's video just 200 shots? 

Yeah but they were all flying in weren't they?

I watched him once and he was very poor. We need an effective winger though, if this guy can play down the middle it's welcome as well.

31 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

yeah i get that, but raw/unfinished is broardly applied to a younger player due to possible future development time.

Hassan is nearly 25 and should be approaching his prime, not "unfinished".

But granted a 25 year old can develop, so hopefully he's a teeny bit raw and could develop a bit, rather than 25 and needs 4 years work to develop.

So this guy is about medium rare?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Same as everyone else in that I've seen nowt of this guy other than the slightly underwhelming YT vids however if he's been scouted well that is enough for me. 

Has a slightly awkward style that reminds me a bit of a winger version of Suarez. Decent enough scoring record although in a toilet league. 

One thing to note - it seems he is primarily a LW which kind of suggests he's being brought in to compete with El Ghazi for that slot. Although he's right footed only played on right 3 times in last year. If we've been scouting him in that time it's difficult to believe we would be looking to buy him to play in a different position. 

I reckon we will see a few outs (Kodjia, Bjarnasson, Green, Kalinic) which might mean our budget is a touch higher than expected allowing us to really have cover in each position. 

That could well be a crazy pipe dream!

Edited by villaglint

26 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Well, he wears #7, but it looks like he can play on either wing or down the middle, he has a shot in him, and he takes FKs and penalties. Useful player to have. 

EDIT: Didn't see many crosses though. 

In the ACN he linked well with Salah with pacy carpet passes, usually after cutting inside from the LW. He didn't hit many aerial crosses as Salah likes the ball to feet. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don’t even bother watching these YouTube clips anymore. They’re literally useless. 

I never have tbh.  They're worse than useless, as they prejudice you.

• Like 1

I watched a few of his highlight reels the other day, and I feel this one gave a better overview of his overall attacking capabilities, as it didn't just restrict the highlights to assists and goals...

Â