Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

Yep, another cracking performance, work rate is phenomenal.

Something I’ve noticed last few games, every now and again when we’re not in possession he’ll dart into the middle of the pitch to put pressure on the centre mid like a man possessed.

What a guy

• Like 1

Just came to show him some love, I've been massively critical of him and compared him to a few players of the Lambert era (and unless it's delph or benteke this can hardly be a compliment). 

On the one hand, it felt reasonable at the time, there were so many games were he was utter tripe. 

But it does make me look a bit silly now, and thank goodness! 

Though he's still limited, his decision making has improved massively, both on and off the ball, and rather than looking like a headless chicken he now looks like a trained pitbull. 

There will be games where Traore will be the better option (when we are facing a hard to break down defence, for example) but in high intensity games his workrate will be invaluable. 

On 20/10/2020 at 00:19, dont_do_it_doug. said:

You don't have to be one of the best performers with the ball at your feet to be one of the most integral to how your team perform overall. 

Trezeguet is the real deal. 

Every team needs a player like that. Gattuso for example

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Back to his worst. The first goal was down to his lazy running back. If the workrate isn't there then he shouldn't be in the team.

Workrate or not he doesn't have the ability to justify his place in the team. Can't beat a player, zero pace and can't trap a bag of cement. 

• Like 3

Has certainly deserved to keep his place so far and he wasn't any worse than the rest of the midfield tonight but he doesn't have the pace, power or skill to do anything of note in the final 3rd of the pitch. He's a good defensive winger but I absolutely hate that as it's not what I want in a winger. Be interesting to see if Smith takes this spot to swap him out at the first chance he gets.

Biggest fraud I’ve seen in a Villa shirt.

The goal against Arsenal and two v Palace really papered over the crack of just how bad he is.

If someone can honestly pinpoint anything he did first half of value I will be amazed.

Another air kick tonight which is always pleasing to see, it did nearly pay off for Jacks goal line clearance but boy he is a bad player.

Silly free kicks and general garbage to his all round play. 

Also please don’t attack me and say I’m negative etc etc ... far from it, I’m ecstatic at the start to the season we have had. I love the 9/11 players we have on our first team. I just feel we are so close to having a truly top rate midfield and he hampers us.

Fully expecting pelters from people on here as most people don’t like it when posters dare criticise a player ... but Trez is dog s***

1 minute ago, Mark_1989 said:

Biggest fraud I’ve seen in a Villa shirt.

The goal against Arsenal and two v Palace really papered over the crack of just how bad he is.

If someone can honestly pinpoint anything he did first half of value I will be amazed.

Another air kick tonight which is always pleasing to see, it did nearly pay off for Jacks goal line clearance but boy he is a bad player.

Silly free kicks and general garbage to his all round play. 

Also please don’t attack me and say I’m negative etc etc ... far from it, I’m ecstatic at the start to the season we have had. I love the 9/11 players we have on our first team. I just feel we are so close to having a truly top rate midfield and he hampers us.

Fully expecting pelters from people on here as most people don’t like it when posters dare criticise a player ... but Trez is dog s***

I see you’ve only ever watched one villa game in your life and that was tonight’s. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â