Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

He's another terrier in the side. He isn't going to stop running and hassling the opposition, and breaking the play up on the backfoot.

There was a moment in the game tonight where he manages to get his head on a Leicester pass diverting it away, and then chases the second ball down and stops the attack again putting it out. You don't expect that of a winger. But he's so useful to us because of that.

And going forward he looked a handful at times. Put in a few good crosses and there for every chance we had.

Top man. 

• Like 1

Imagine if we did sign Benrahma. This guy wouldn’t be getting a game and you can just imagine how much defensive work Benrahma wouldn’t do. Trez just needs confidence and we’re seeing the best of him and great to see a player work so hard and earn there wages for a change!

• Like 1

like a man possessed tonight, he was smashing Leicester players all over the pitch and his work rate was incredible. He was probably taken off for his own protection as he was exhausted

His jersey to lose

• Like 1

His touch and technique have improved so much since last season. He keeps it simple and puts in some dangerous crosses. Did a few bits of sublime skill too. I thought he could have been found when handily placed but it wasn't to be. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

His touch and technique have improved so much since last season. He keeps it simple and puts in some dangerous crosses. Did a few bits of sublime skill too. I thought he could have been found when handily placed but it wasn't to be. 

That back heel was Grealish esque. Had a spectacular game, really proved that his recent performances weren't a fluke. Very happy he's stepped up and gives us an extra option i didn't think we'd have this season (without spending another 20m+)

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

I didn't give him MotM yesterday, but he was up there. His work rate is top notch. 

Very happy for him. The amount of stick he took last season and now turning it around. He must love going to BMH these days.

Just a shame Villa Park isn't rocking with fans, so he could hear it all. 

He reminds me of Gabby and Vassell at times though. Under pressure he does neat stuff often and it seems instinctive moves, but if he has too much time to think it kind of flusters him. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1

Unpopular opinion. I thought he was our worst player last night.

His work rate is immense and you can’t help but love the guy. However, I hope to see Traore soon as I think he has more quality on the ball (just need to make sure he works as hard as Trez).

• Like 2

After all the abuse he's been getting from Villa fans he still manages to brush it off and perform like this.

We need characters like this. Players with a strong mentality who can handle the pressure that comes from playing at a big club.

I recon El Ghazi in contrast would crumble and go into hiding.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I didn't give him MotM yesterday, but he was up there. His work rate is top notch. 

Very happy for him. The amount of stick he took last season and now turning it around. He must love going to BMH these days.

Just a shame Villa Park isn't rocking with fans, so he could hear it all. 

He reminds me of Gabby and Vassell at times though. Under pressure he does neat stuff often and it seems instinctive moves, but if he has too much time to think it kind of flusters him. 

He seems to have learnt his limitations which is a huge factor in coping with the demands of the PL. He isn't going to be much help to us in a game against a team sitting back in a low block but he's so scrappy against these better sides it adds a lot to the team. His final delivery in general has been pretty decent this season. 

Out of interest how is the Trezeguet shot not a penalty but the Shef Utd one is? I really can't understand that at all. 

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Unpopular opinion. I thought he was our worst player last night.

His work rate is immense and you can’t help but love the guy. However, I hope to see Traore soon as I think he has more quality on the ball (just need to make sure he works as hard as Trez).

You could tell he was absolute done mentally and physically such was the shift he put in. Last 10 minutes was very erratic on the ball and trying to dribble, out pace and bulldoze to bo effect.

I think that is the guy he is, when he is blowing he just tries to rely on raw pace and physique which he doesnt have.

The good thing is we are getting that now at 80 minutes of absolute running himself into the ground rather than half an hour of jogging.

He was excellent.

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I still think he's the first person on the pitch we could improve on, but his transformation from last season has been remarkable.

Can't really fault him this season

Agreed, but as for deserving to be in our squad, ABSOLUTELY NAILED ON.

Sets  a great example for workrate and effort.

He has set the bar, so any one looking to dispatch him, either needs to have the quality to outshine his workrate, or have his work rate at minimum.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Considering his excellent work rate, tracking and pressing, and ok crossing and average attacking output......maybe we should do a cash and consider him backup RB :P

He was actually at what seems like right back for portions as well. lol

Was wondering hat the hell he was doing back there.

All over the place.

Â