Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

I'm not as pumped for this signing (if it happens) as I have been for the others. I'm a bit worried he's going to turn out to be a bit of a dud, like a slower version of Adama - too many stepovers and no end product.

But I trust the management and I'll reserve any real judgement on him until he's played a few games.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Dont think he will be a starter and it was not sustainable to keep spending big.

This is tge type of signing Watford, Brighton etc have made in recent seasons and we asked why we couldnt find them deals. If doesn't work we can still recoup money back 

With Jota recently showing he's still got it from his Brentford days, I'm starting to think we don't even need a huge marquee winger signing. Trezeguet to provide competition for 10m is probably more sensible than splashing the cash on starter. Plus I think he'll surprise a few people anyway.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

With Jota recently showing he's still got it from his Brentford days, I'm starting to think we don't even need a huge marquee winger signing. Trezeguet to provide competition for 10m is probably more sensible than splashing the cash on starter. Plus I think he'll surprise a few people anyway.

Agreed.  Jota and El Ghazi are probably Deano's planned starting wingers, but Trezeguet looks like the type to come on and run at defenders late game and make an impact, a bit like Bolasie did for us last season.

1 minute ago, KMitch said:

Agreed.  Jota and El Ghazi are probably Deano's planned starting wingers, but Trezeguet looks like the type to come on and run at defenders late game and make an impact, a bit like Bolasie did for us last season.

Like Bolasie you say? Hmmmmm

29 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Like Bolasie you say? Hmmmmm

I know looking back on the previous season, most will not rate Bolasie from his wanting out of the club in January, but overall, he was a great option to have on the bench at times.

1 hour ago, useless said:

Trézéguet would probably be a bigger name signing than any of the other wingers we've been linked to in the press, most of whom are Championship players.

Yes, but sadly West Ham have beated us to the biggest name of the window

Spoiler

Webp.net-resizeimage-2_31.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yes, but sadly West Ham have beated us to the biggest name of the window

Hide contents

Webp.net-resizeimage-2_31.jpg

couldnt even find a photo big enough to fit the whole name

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, KMitch said:

I know looking back on the previous season, most will not rate Bolasie from his wanting out of the club in January, but overall, he was a great option to have on the bench at times.

Agree.

Made the difference Away at Derby

If this guy can play that role, albeit with a little more, shall we say, ‘vitality’, he’ll do nicely. We can’t sign two First Class First Teams,

Edited by terrytini
Derby not Forest !

1 hour ago, KMitch said:

Jota won’t be a starter initially. He was bought to build up the squad, could turn out a very good signing  

Welcome Trezeguet.

Looks very fast, especially on the turn, looks like players don't know where to turn to sort him put, he's trouble for the teams he plays against.

Edited by Dave-R

Looks like Jota and Trezeguet wouldn’t be starter and backup but rather two different options:  one a creative sort who drifts centrally and one a more traditional direct and speedy winger.  The one who starts one game may not start the next, depending on opponent.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Welcome Trezeguet.

Looks very fast, especially on the turn, looks lime players don't know where to turn to sort him put, he's trouble for the teams he plays against.

Have we actually signed him??

Â