Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

14 minutes ago, chrisvilla said:

I only rate Trez and AEG as bench players. However, AEG has proven he has no heart, cowardly pulling out of chances to score in case he gets slightly hurt. Seen it several times now. That's the main reason I think Trez has become more favoured on the pitch by Smith in my opinion. I'd keep Trez, who I also reckon will continue to improve, but get rid of AEG. Total snowflake.

I’m not sure I’d be quite as harsh in my wording but I agree.

El Ghazi has let himself and the team down on a few occasions now by not being brave.

Let’s see how they do with better players around them - could raise their game.

Some harsh words on AEG who HAS been injured more than once to get us a goal - I remember him being carried off after getting nailed while setting up Jack’s goal at Old Trafford.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Let’s see how they do with better players around them - could raise their game.

Some harsh words on AEG who HAS been injured more than once to get us a goal - I remember him being carried off after getting nailed while setting up Jack’s goal at Old Trafford.

Eyes see what they want to believe. 

Trezeguet took a long time to settle when he joined us, but coming from the Turkish league it was not surprising. After lock down we saw the "full English" version of Trez and he did more than enough to become a nailed on match day squad player going forward. His attitude is great, as is his 100% work ethic, and the goals that he scored at the end of last season were classy and priceless. He's started to make the area around the right post his domain and that's an area that we've been woeful in previously.

Yesterday saw him hit a cracking cross for Watkin's goal from that previously neglected space.

So Trez or Traore .... who would you trust to get the best return out of that right sided spot?

• Thanks 1

On 13/09/2020 at 13:49, villabromsgrove said:

Trezeguet took a long time to settle when he joined us, but coming from the Turkish league it was not surprising. After lock down we saw the "full English" version of Trez and he did more than enough to become a nailed on match day squad player going forward. His attitude is great, as is his 100% work ethic, and the goals that he scored at the end of last season were classy and priceless. He's started to make the area around the right post his domain and that's an area that we've been woeful in previously.

Yesterday saw him hit a cracking cross for Watkin's goal from that previously neglected space.

So Trez or Traore .... who would you trust to get the best return out of that right sided spot?

Sell Trez and get Traore +1

• Like 1

I don't care that he actually scored the actual goals that actually kept us in this division. Dave from the the bowling club thinks he's shit so he's gotta go. 

It's a shame really, because whilst I don't (currently) think he should be starting games at this level on a regular basis, he is a useful weapon to have in your locker. He's hard working and unpredictable in attack, even though his feet and his brain often seem to be operating at different frequencies. 

Players like him are valuable, and he's at least good enough to keep the competition on their toes. 

• Like 2

One thing about him that shouldn't be underestimated is how he finds space. Now if I was his teammate I'd be studying his movement patterns to get a better idea of how he gets the chances he does. Same with AEG who misses alot of sitters. 

Contrast that with Davies who hardly gets chances. Keep them for another season then ship them next summer or in January if we're not down to the bare bones.

• Like 1

The thing about Trez is the one thing that would improve him a lot imo is if he just makes it harder for players to nick tbe ball away from him, he doesn't protect the ball anywhere near strongly enough. The anount of times he is on the wing and the defender just nips in and puts it out for a throw, or dispossess him completely is quite frustrating. I'm hoping the season in the PL will make him stronger in that regard, and less of the hail mary kick it and try to run passed tbhe opponent which failed about 90% of the time.

Still rooting for him though.

Edited by Trickster
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

It’s frustrating that he’ll be starting for us on Monday. With Traoré and Rashica here, I’m hoping to see as little as possible this season. 

Good lad, works hard, but he just isn’t a Premier League footballer. Love to be proven wrong of course. 

What makes you so sure Rashica is coming?

7 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

It’s frustrating that he’ll be starting for us on Monday. With Traoré and Rashica here, I’m hoping to see as little as possible this season. 

Good lad, works hard, but he just isn’t a Premier League footballer. Love to be proven wrong of course. 

Completely agree.

Very poor footballer. People have been duped by the two goals v Palace and goal against Arsenal and seem to think he was much improved after restart. This is a false narrative. He was the player I was screaming at my tv more than anyone since restart in the games he played.

The only two players who improved after lockdown were Konsa and Luiz. People seem to say we were much improved but in reality we weren’t. We got 10 points from 10 games which is relegation form.

The goals Trez scored all seemed to be ones whereby they happened fast and he had little/zero time to think. Or whereby it was a half volley etc where he had to just make contact rather than generate the pace himself. His finishing and strike is actually very tame. I certainly was hoping he would be replaced before start of season. Don’t trust him as a footballer, he offers far more lows than highs. 

I want to be proved wrong but I’m pretty sure I won’t be.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Mark_1989 said:

Completely agree.

Very poor footballer. People have been duped by the two goals v Palace and goal against Arsenal and seem to think he was much improved after restart. This is a false narrative. He was the player I was screaming at my tv more than anyone since restart in the games he played.

The only two players who improved after lockdown were Konsa and Luiz. People seem to say we were much improved but in reality we weren’t. We got 10 points from 10 games which is relegation form.

The goals Trez scored all seemed to be ones whereby they happened fast and he had little/zero time to think. Or whereby it was a half volley etc where he had to just make contact rather than generate the pace himself. His finishing and strike is actually very tame. I certainly was hoping he would be replaced before start of season. Don’t trust him as a footballer, he offers far more lows than highs. 

I want to be proved wrong but I’m pretty sure I won’t be.

Nobody has been fooled - just some are grateful for the fact that he scored those goals. It really doesn't matter how you finish them if you score. 

I don't see anyone bigging him up or making him out to be a quality footballer - just people who believe that he can do a job as a squad player and has the capacity to improve. 

10 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I know there's a mad rush to bin Trez off, but he will be starting on Monday and it will be his shirt to lose. 

I have a soft spot for him. I realise he's not the most technically gifted footballer in the world, but his work rate is phenomenal and his tactical understanding grew tenfold following restart. 

That and he seems to know where the net is, which is always a bonus. Good luck to him. 

Good post.

I think even if we announced any players signing over the weekend I don't think they will be eligible to play Monday anyway.

Trezeguet has scored some vital goals for us and he would be great to keep as competition for Traore.

The lad is a match winner.

• Like 2

Â