Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

I still think he’s utter shit. 

But to be fair to him he’s always had an instinct to be in the right place to nick a few goals. He did it when it really counted in the semi final and he’s done it again today. 

Cant fault that and can’t fault the effort he puts in

• Like 4

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Both sort of fell to him and he didn't have to think too much, a bit like the one to beat Leicester in the semi.  Just cushioned the ball nicely having got into the right place at the right time.  The rest of his game is still not great a bit like Hourihane but they still carry some danger when they're on the pitch.

I do agree with this the only slight difference is that Trez is still youngish and its his first year in the UK. Conor has played all of his football in England, is older and is never gonna be good enough. Trez has a lot to do but it’s not impossible that he can still be successful in England 

11 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

As many goals as Wesley

Apparently also as many assists (one) which isn't a great return for a winger... 

But if he isn't assisting I'll take the goals, thank you very much!

Has scored the same amount of goals this season that Costa, Adama, and Cavaleiro scored between them for Wolves last season, also scored three more than Sessegnon scored for Fulham. Hopefully he can get a few more before the end of the season.

Deserves the plaudits for a match winning display, and that’s all people should be saying. Seems to be a lot of comments giving reluctant “well done, thx, but not good enough “. I really don’t know why some of us can’t just give praise without the snide comment bolted on. Lovely finish for the opening goal and a calm finish for the 2nd. Well done Trez, match winner. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

As bad as he is, and he is terrible, he looks more likely to score than any of our strikers. 

You kind of have to start him for that reason alone. 

(Should be sold regardless at the end of the season)

Trezeguet wouldn’t be such a bad option as back up, the ability to sneak goals at the back post isnt such a bad trait to have. He does work hard, no denying that. The team yesterday looked better in the absence of ElGhazi, if only he had the work rate and desire that Trez has! 

• Like 1

Made the mistake of saying he may have scored but he is still shit on one of the Vila Facebook groups and the amount of shit I am getting from angry Egyptians is unreal! Haha

On a serious note. I believe he can become a ten goals a season winger if he shows the same composure as he did yesterday. That's a realistic challenge for him moving forward. Two well taken goals today. 

Whatever happens with him and his career I'll never forget his goal against Chelsea where he literally ran it in.

24 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

On a serious note. I believe he can become a ten goals a season winger if he shows the same composure as he did yesterday. That's a realistic challenge for him moving forward. Two well taken goals today. 

Whatever happens with him and his career I'll never forget his goal against Chelsea where he literally ran it in.

The goals won't outweigh his inefficiencies elsewhere unfortunately. I am hoping some moneyball mugs will see his goal output and be suckered into taking a punt on him . If we can get back what we paid it is a win. He's 25 years old and I think he is playing  at his absolute maximum ceiling.

9 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

The goals won't outweigh his inefficiencies elsewhere unfortunately. I am hoping some moneyball mugs will see his goal output and be suckered into taking a punt on him . If we can get back what we paid it is a win. He's 25 years old and I think he is playing  at his absolute maximum ceiling.

I’d keep him in the championship but not if by some miracle we stay up. I’d ditch El Ghazi instead who has had 2 seasons of mostly shit, 1 in the championship. I’d then spend some of the Grealish money on hopefully a massive upgrade.

8 minutes ago, ChinlessWonder said:

I’d keep him in the championship but not if by some miracle we stay up. I’d ditch El Ghazi instead who has had 2 seasons of mostly shit, 1 in the championship. I’d then spend some of the Grealish money on hopefully a massive upgrade.

I agree with this.

I think people are going to be sadly disappointed in some of the players we hold onto. There is an assumption sometimes that we can sell players and replace them with a click of the fingers. Realistically we are currently two wingers light, so going into a Championship season we need to add to our squad in that department rather than sell.

Trezeguet probably isn't good enough for the PL, but would be an adequate backup winger or Championship starter next season. If a team offers a decent sum for him, over what we paid and we have someone lined up to replace him then that option should then be taken.

El Ghazi has been hugely disappointing this season for the ability he has; showing it in glimpses just isn't enough at this level. Again, he is a more than adequate backup winger of Championship starter next season though.

5 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

As bad as he is, and he is terrible, he looks more likely to score than any of our strikers. 

You kind of have to start him for that reason alone. 

(Should be sold regardless at the end of the season)

Agreed with that, just wanted to add that because he does actually work hard... I'd have him ahead of el ghazi. Particularly in our plight. He does have a very odd capability of finding himself in the right place at the right time. Odd in the sense that he's shit but has a very good and natural capability.

6 hours ago, OxfordVillan said:

Deserves the plaudits for a match winning display, and that’s all people should be saying. Seems to be a lot of comments giving reluctant “well done, thx, but not good enough “. I really don’t know why some of us can’t just give praise without the snide comment bolted on. Lovely finish for the opening goal and a calm finish for the 2nd. Well done Trez, match winner. 

Absolutely on point. If it's begrudging praise you're giving, then don't give it. 

• Like 2

Hoping this gives him some confidence as he has been missing it most of the season. He can be a bright spark but obviously lacks the final touch or ball at times. A player with confidence is wortwhile having in a relegation dogfight.

Â