Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

Fenerbahçe have been linked to him today as well, but they apparently want him on loan... Looking at the start of the thread it doesn't look like there was much excitement for the signing, the name Tonev seemed to come up quite often. Although some of the lack of enthusiams was probably because many had set their minds on Benrahama.

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It also pisses me off that he has the gall to call himself Trezeguet 😂

I was telling my mom and she couldn't understand why he was rocking someone else's name like that lmao

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Should be nowhere near a PL team, Mr. 4.2 million followers on Instagram. 

They all want him when we go down....but they either want him on  loan or for 5 kebab and chips and a fiver..we will get no where near what we paid for him..bad news all around

5 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I was telling my mom and she couldn't understand why he was rocking someone else's name like that lmao

I still dont get the lookalike comparisons as to how he got that nickname 😂😂

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

There was a moment in the first half where he had an easy 5 yard pass. Literally 5 yards. Under no pressure. And he hit it about 1 yard and the Newcastle player just stepped forward and intercepted it.

He’s a liability

That was really early on. It was embarrassing. 

He’s so bad. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I expected him to be better than the absolute pile of dog shit of a player that he is to be honest. 

Id rather we kept the money and played anybody else instead. You could buy a dozen wingers from the championship who would be better than him

Jed Wallace would have been infinitely better. Although someone mentioned this was a commercial signing with the hope he does something for us on the pitch.

Trézéguet's coach when he was about 12  used to call him Trezeguet, back then he had a shaved head and a thinner face, can't find that picture, but this is him a bit later in 2013, his hair longer and his face isn't as thin, but you can see a resemblance.

Trezeguet.jpg

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

For the money, that we paid for him (£8.75m), I think he’s done well, £8.75m in today’s inflated market is nothing 

Problem is mate, we've bought a lot of junk for around that price. 3 crappy players probably equals one that might've improved us. 

I want to like Trez, I really do but he a dog's breakfast. If we go down he stays, if we stay up he should never start a game, or better yet get loaned out.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Problem is mate, we've bought a lot of junk for around that price. 3 crappy players probably equals one that might've improved us. 

I want to like Trez, I really do but he a dog's breakfast. If we go down he stays, if we stay up he should never start a game, or better yet get loaned out.

No chance he stays if we go down. He’d be a squad player at best in a mid table championship side. 

The sooner we cut our losses with this guy, the better. Not clever enough, fast enough or skilful enough to ever make it in this country. 

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

For the money, that we paid for him (£8.75m), I think he’s done well, £8.75m in today’s inflated market is nothing 

What I think it goes to show is that an 8.75m player is the equivalent of a 3.5m (or so) player a few years back - no guarantee of being good enough. The position we found ourselves in last summer meant we had to roll the dice on signings though, so of course some weren't going to work out. 

Â