Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

50 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

Wow 4 out of 7 clean sheets and he's low on confidence?? Don't think so, a future England centre half for certain

I know, I know. I don't see it in Ezri's game though. But anyways, don't want to be too negative after such a fantastic win. I worry about our back-line.

13 hours ago, TRO said:

Developing, very,very nicely, Indeed.

I still think he benefits from having a unit like Mings next to him, wouldn't like to compare......I think they compliment each other, like Lennon & McCartney

But be honest, Lennon was better wasn't he?

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, AVTuco said:

I know, I know. I don't see it in Ezri's game though. But anyways, don't want to be too negative after such a fantastic win. I worry about our back-line.

I worry more about Mings than Konsa tbh

• Like 4

The test will come when Mings isn't next to him. Hopefully we won't have to see it for a long time!

He's been brilliant, and yes, much more reliable on the ball than Mings.

Tyrone still the leader at the back though, never shuts up. Hopefully Ez listening and learning because it'll be up to him if Mings has any extended period out the side.

No doubt at all we're already negotiating a new deal for him. 100%. I expect it'll be done before the end of the January window.

• Like 2

On 10/11/2020 at 16:02, Tomaszk said:

The test will come when Mings isn't next to him. Hopefully we won't have to see it for a long time!

He's been brilliant, and yes, much more reliable on the ball than Mings.

Tyrone still the leader at the back though, never shuts up. Hopefully Ez listening and learning because it'll be up to him if Mings has any extended period out the side.

No doubt at all we're already negotiating a new deal for him. 100%. I expect it'll be done before the end of the January window.

He is a better defender than Mings

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Not for me. He does certain things better than Mings but I'd still rather have Mings back there. 

I agree with you. I think Mings is the full package when you consider his organisational skills, influence, and presence but Konsa is the better "bread and butter" defender IMO.

Edited by sparrow1988

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Not for me. He does certain things better than Mings but I'd still rather have Mings back there. 

It's unnecessary to compare them methinks. 

Konsa is very good, but so is Mings. They got different strengths which is why they work well together. 

Mings has several attributes for instance which are hugely important. Not only his defensive capabilities or his ability to use his left foot offensively to start us off, but he's also very important in organising us defensively. Mings is a leader. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

It's unnecessary to compare them methinks. 

Konsa is very good, but so is Mings. They got different strengths which is why they work well together. 

Mings has several attributes for instance which are hugely important. Not only his defensive capabilities or his ability to use his left foot offensively to start us off, but he's also very important in organising us defensively. Mings is a leader. 

I mean konsa and Mings are 2 very different types of cb. Mings is more the gladiator style where he presses and throws himself in front of shots and crosses, Terry was the best in the world at this and I think it has shown in mings' development.

Konsa is your sweeper he makes fewer mistakes but that is because he is asked to do less he reads the game very well and win loose balls.

You have to have both types and we are very lucky to have a top quality of each. 

• Like 1

Â