Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

After a couple of games last season, I said he was probably the least developed of our summer signings, but the one who could have the highest ceiling. 
His development the last few months has been phenomenal and he could still get better. 

• Like 3

I've been really impressed by his positioning so far this season. Can't think of many instances when he's been caught. The Fulham game was the best example so far, when Mitrovic targeted him but was pretty well neutralised. I also think his concentration is top class. These traits alone make a good CB (see Mertesacker), but coupled with pace, power and decent ability with the ball, his future is looking very bright.

5 minutes ago, Kjøttbacken said:

I've been really impressed by his positioning so far this season. Can't think of many instances when he's been caught. The Fulham game was the best example so far, when Mitrovic targeted him but was pretty well neutralised. I also think his concentration is top class. These traits alone make a good CB (see Mertesacker), but coupled with pace, power and decent ability with the ball, his future is looking very bright.

I agree with you in sentiment, and he has indeed been phenomenal, but credit where credit is due, and Mitrovic managed to get about 3000 headers in at our goal that day, and on another day could’ve bagged himself a couple.

Although Mitrovic will cause these problems to many a centre back this year, there’s still work to be done in the heading department, and to say he was neutralised I think is a bit of a stretch.

Aside from that, the rest of his game has been spot on.

• Like 1

Just now, Thug said:

I agree with you in sentiment, and he has indeed been phenomenal, but credit where credit is due, and Mitrovic managed to get about 3000 headers in at our goal that day, and on another day could’ve bagged himself a couple.

Although Mitrovic will cause these problems to many a centre back this year, there’s still work to be done in the heading department, and to say he was neutralised I think is a bit of a stretch.

Mitrovic couldn't get a clean header because of Konsa's positioning all game. But konsa isn't going to bet someone like mitrovic in the air consistently so he has to outmanoeuvre to win in that duel. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Thug said:

The only clean header he had all game he was 2 metres wide of the goal.

46 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

After a couple of games last season, I said he was probably the least developed of our summer signings, but the one who could have the highest ceiling. 
His development the last few months has been phenomenal and he could still get better. 

Will get better, how many defenders peak at 22? This looks like  an outstanding signing in hindsight.

4 minutes ago, Thug said:

I think he got one header on goal up against Konsa. He had a dangerous header, but that was up against Mings.

16 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

The only clean header he had all game he was 2 metres wide of the goal.

According to whoscored, He managed to get 6 shots, 1 on target in that game, and like I said, on another day he could have had a couple. For comparison purposes, Ollie had 2 shots in the game where we were comfortable 3-0 winners, Jack had 3.

He won 5 aerial duels compared to Konsa 2, although not necessarily against each other.

I don’t want to turn this into sounding like I’m not rating Konsa.. I think he’s been fantastic, and indeed got a very high rating on the day, so clearly won his battle.  Also Mitrovic will probably do the same to many a defender this year I suppose but not score many.. so probably all is good.

11 minutes ago, Thug said:

According to whoscored, He managed to get 6 shots, 1 on target in that game, and like I said, on another day he could have had a couple. For comparison purposes, Ollie had 2 shots in the game where we were comfortable 3-0 winners, Jack had 3.

He won 5 aerial duels compared to Konsa 2, although not necessarily against each other.

I don’t want to turn this into sounding like I’m not rating Konsa.. I think he’s been fantastic, and indeed got a very high rating on the day, so clearly won his battle.  Also Mitrovic will probably do the same to many a defender this year I suppose but not score many.. so probably all is good.

It is about quality of shots though surely. They targeted him for sure. Bombarded crosses. Konsa was extremely smart in his positioning and use of body. Little nudges and the positioning of his body not allowing Mitovic to make clean contract and also winning fouls. Mitovic was extremely frustrated. I felt quite comfortable watching that he would not score.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

It is about quality of shots though surely. They targeted him for sure. Bombarded crosses. Konsa was extremely smart in his positioning and use of body. Little nudges and the positioning of his body not allowing Mitovic to make clean contract and also winning fouls. Mitovic was extremely frustrated. I felt quite comfortable watching that he would not score.

Yup, and the clean sheet proved that.  

Despite how it might be sounding, I’m honestly not having a go at him, he has been superb, and will only get better.  And he rarely gives possession away either.

• Like 1

Â