Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah. Don't get me wrong I still think Mings is a good centre back but Konsa has been the best so far this season (I know it's a small sample size)

If he keeps it up he's going to have been an excellent signing. I wouldn't have predicted when he signed for us that he'd become so good

I wouldn't underestimate how important Mings's leadership and communication skills are in that back 4. Very hard for us as fans to know exactly how much impact Mings is having, but my guess is he takes a lot of the tactical/positional load off Konsa's shoulders, which helps Konsa stand out.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, KentVillan said:

I wouldn't underestimate how important Mings's leadership and communication skills are in that back 4. Very hard for us as fans to know exactly how much impact Mings is having, but my guess is he takes a lot of the tactical/positional load off Konsa's shoulders, which helps Konsa stand out.

Completely agree. It's a very effective partnership

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lexicon said:

Talking about Konsa being better than Mings is missing the point IMO - they're a CB partnership and they should be viewed and judged as such. It's quite a classic one too, with a larger physical guy and one who cleans up afterward. 

And who is the larger physical guy in your eyes?

Konsa look just as strong and good in the air as Mings to me if not stronger.

Ezri looks strong in the air to me.

I don't see it being a weakness. It was with Axel, not so much with Ezri.

Ezri is complete imo

Ezri is better than Mings to me. But it's all about opinions, isn't it

Edited by villalad21

7 hours ago, lexicon said:

Talking about Konsa being better than Mings is missing the point IMO - they're a CB partnership and they should be viewed and judged as such. It's quite a classic one too, with a larger physical guy and one who cleans up afterward. 

I agree.

its like Evans and McNaught......both centre backs but different approaches and different effects on the team.

I have always liked Mings, had a bit of an indifferent time after he was called up, which he is aware of and dealt with it......I really like Konsa too, has improved no ends on his resolute play, starting to blossom in to a thinking mans defender.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TRO said:

ts like Evans and McNaught......both centre backs but different approaches and different effects on the team.

Yeah. You could hear Tyrone constantly talking (shouting) throughout the game, organising and encouraging and Ezri is quieter, and the pair are working really well together. It's really good to see.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think it is something that can be improved over time with practice and perseverance 

still only 22...much to come from this boy.

• Like 1

Never been a fan of using a Villa player as a stick to beat up another Villa player. Happy to see most here understand the partnership Mings and Konsa have developed. Take one away and other will surely take a step back. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think it is something that can be improved over time with practice and perseverance 

of course, when he joined he had other weaknesses which he developed. Im a huge fan and I hope he develops that part of his game as well

• Like 1

Â