Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

11 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

That's the next challenge in the project. We were able to hold onto Jack but what about the guys who don't have as strong a connection with Villa. Leicester barely got to enjoy their title before the vultures started circling. 

You look at the defensive options for a team like ManU or Arsenal and you can easily see how Konsa would be a massive upgrade if he continues his current trajectory. 

This is why I suggested he might be in line for a new/extended contract He is a real asset and if people haven’t noticed already they soon will. He is worth considerably more than we paid for him.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

This is why I suggested he might be in line for a new/extended contract He is a real asset and if people haven’t noticed already they soon will. He is worth considerably more than we paid for him.

I actually think konsa has been smiths best signing along with luiz. Watkins still early days.

Konsa is worth at least 30m at the moment. If he keeps this uo he will be in the england squad

On 06/10/2020 at 15:53, TrentVilla said:

If he's still got 3 years left on his contract, then surely a new contract can wait until the summer when he has 2 years left?

If someone came to try and poach him in January, we could offer a new contract at that time instead?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ender4 said:

If he's still got 3 years left on his contract, then surely a new contract can wait until the summer when he has 2 years left?

If someone came to try and poach him in January, we could offer a new contract at that time instead?

Big clubs don't wait until 2 years to renew their best players contracts.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Big mistake to not start forming the Mings and Konsa partnership at the start of last season imo

He would be an even better player by now.

How Big a mistake? And how much better would he have been?

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He's quietly become our best centre back

He’ll only get with age too, it’s hard to believe he’s only 22 years old. The sky is the limit for him, he’s a fabulous player I think. Great find by Smith

• Like 1

He has started this season brilliantly, even better than Mings I'd say, goes about it quietly but does all things right at the moment. Could see last season that he was a proper player, I had doubts if he was good enough and strong enough defensively, but he is showing now that he can be a super CB. I'd rather have him than Tarkowski, don't even know what price range that would put Konsa in considering the reported bids for Tarkowski this summer.

I wanted us to sign an established CB this summer, but now I'm perfectly happy if we bring someone in who is just a cover and go all out with Mings and Konsa ans undisputed first choice.

I would think that Martinez and his presence has played his part in Konsas performance as well, perhaps to some extent Cash too.

48 minutes ago, macandally said:

This, I think Mings seems to have a wobble at some point during most games, Konsa is an 8 every game (please don’t let me jinx it!)

Yeah. Don't get me wrong I still think Mings is a good centre back but Konsa has been the best so far this season (I know it's a small sample size)

If he keeps it up he's going to have been an excellent signing. I wouldn't have predicted when he signed for us that he'd become so good

1 hour ago, macandally said:

This, I think Mings seems to have a wobble at some point during most games, Konsa is an 8 every game (please don’t let me jinx it!)

Imagine if Konsa was built like Mings, and the same height?

Hopefully we don't have to see it any time soon but it'll be a good test when Mings isn't starting next to him. He's still the boss back there, sorts everyone else out, talks constantly.

Ezri lacks nothing to be a top top Premier League players. The Fulham performance impressed me so much. Their whole plan was get Mitrovic up against him for challenges and he was sent packing.

Â