Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

37 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

BS he was. No one but Luiz is at fault for him having touch of a rapist then dawdling back to recover. Also classic Villa forum post that players get better the longer out of team. Seen it for years

I thought this as well until I saw deans quote “Ezri Konsa has had a complete brain fade”, so I presume there were strict instructions not to play the pass in that area unless the player has time to clearly turn. Would explain why Luiz was so casual and caught out as a result. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Hawk said:

I thought this as well until I saw deans quote “Ezri Konsa has had a complete brain fade”, so I presume there were strict instructions not to play the pass in that area unless the player has time to clearly turn. Would explain why Luiz was so casual and caught out as a result. 

Then isn't it still Luiz's fault for showing for the ball in the first place if there were specific instructions for the ball not to be passed in that situation?

Just now, Laughable Chimp said:

Then isn't it still Luiz's fault for showing for the ball in the first place if there were specific instructions for the ball not to be passed in that situation?

Nope. Movement creates space, happy for him to show for it and give an option, but unless he’s got eyes in the back of his head it should be the responsibility of the passer to see whether it’s “on” or not.

• Like 1

Both His and Hause inability(or instructions not to) to switch the play to the wingbacks annoys me. It's devestating when playing with a back three. They only seem to be playing it straight forward, or sideways to Mings. At a stretch cross it between each other. There's been plenty of situations to relieve pressure by switching play horizontally, where the wings backs are completely open and they have time to make the cross. Where it just doesn't happen.

Just block off the midfielders, and they end up passing it between the wingback at the same side or to Mings. The pressing players can keep pressing and voila we hoof the ball away or try to play a desperate ball along the ground vertically. Which just leads to us losing the ball over and over. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MikeMcKenna said:

I don’t blame Konsa today. Any CB would have had a mare today, the way we were set up and with a non-existent midfield in front of them who seemed more worried about scuffing their boots.

There are much bigger problems in the squad than Konsa.

True but he is a problem non the less.

The back four scored that goal!

Reina free kick into the box. 

Hause heads it down. 

Mings takes it on before being fouled. 

The ball falls to Konsa and he fires it home (edit) off Mings. 

They made up for their mistakes with that goal! 

Edited by Villarocker
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Villarocker said:

The back four scored that goal!

Reina free kick into the box. 

Hause heads it down. 

Mings takes it on before being fouled. 

The ball falls to Konsa and he fires it home. 

They made up for their mistakes with that goal! 

Ha! Great observation!

Â