Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

3 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Need to see their goal again as he was either fouled or just got dominated but other than that he was a colossus. He's a player with really good potential.

I must say I saw the game differently. The few times I noticed Konsa he lost his battles to Wood. The goal was one of them. But I value your opinion and give Konsa the benefit of a doubt.

2 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Woods gave him a small push but he need's to be stronger. His aerial game definitely isn't his strong suit but it's a joy to watch him carry the ball out the back. 

He should be better in the air definitely with his size.

15 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

At his age it may be a strength thing. Sometimes it's not about out jumping your opponent and more just being strong enough to hold your ground.  Right now it's far to easy to displace him. 

not blaming Konsa specifically (although he looked partially to blame for the specific goal versus Barnsley - fell over rather than jumping for the ball), but we conceded AGAIN at the back right hand post, its literally as if that side of the goals is bewitched!!!!!, happened in NUMEROUS games, shocking.

We need some coaching on balls to that specific back post, shocking tbh.

I don’t think he was fouled for their goal, just outmuscled. 

I like him though, and if we continue to play 3-5-2 he will be crucial as he is so much better at bringing the ball out of defence than Hause.

53 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

I don’t think he was fouled for their goal, just outmuscled. 

I like him though, and if we continue to play 3-5-2 he will be crucial as he is so much better at bringing the ball out of defence than Hause.

Ability to defend is crucial for us right now. And Hause is better at that right now.

6 hours ago, AVTuco said:

Think he is only 6'1. It is why he needs to be partnered with Mings or Hause because he is so weak in the air we would just get dominated if it was him and engels. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

He is only young. Chris Woods is the leading scorer for headers this season, so it was never going to be easy. He was brilliant bringing the ball out today too. Assisted Jack's first goal. 

Swung in two fantastic crosses yep. Knew he was an option as holding mid, could have a poke at RB as well I think.

3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Swung in two fantastic crosses yep. Knew he was an option as holding mid, could have a poke at RB as well I think.

Smith wont play him there though, it would only hinder his development long term like it did phil jones and many before him.

1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

Smith wont play him there though, it would only hinder his development long term like it did phil jones and many before him.

I’ve only seen Konsa a few times but he looks  to me like he could just play anywhere, such a natural footballer, a real Roll’s Royce player. He’s predominantly a centre back though 

15 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Think he is only 6'1. It is why he needs to be partnered with Mings or Hause because he is so weak in the air we would just get dominated if it was him and engels. 

Is he? Ok, I thought he was bigger.

Â