Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

13 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Very good performance from Konsa today I thought, he played a big part in our clean sheet I thought 

I noticed that our CB pair positioned themselves tactically very good when the Norwich strikers were attacking. Earlyer the CBs have been too streched horizontally, which has made it easy for the striker to get a clean shot at goal. Now they were close. It might also have something with the set up from DS, bringing the full backs more into the field as opposed to being out on the wing.

Looks like Konza and Hause has a good understanding of their own positioning and each others positioning. Hope to see more of this partnership.

Edited by DeepDish
  • Like 1

I thought he was immense against Norwich, Hause had a good game and won alot in the air, but Konsa was class. What I really like with him is that he spots danger and throws himself to block shots, at a couple of opportunities Norwich players misfired because he came rushing out, and at least at one occation terhe were two or three other of our players who were standing closer to the player but Konsa was the one who rushed forward. He is also so comfortable with the ball, seems like he never gives it away. I would like him to build up the attacks more than giving it to Hause to hoof it as happened a couple of times. Also loved his own pressing up front after a corner. I thought it was harsh to bench him the last games, but this game he showed what he is capable of. I don't dare think about what would have been the outcome with Engels instead of Konsa sprinting after Pukki.

6 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

I like Konsa a lot, just wish he had more time to get accustomed to PL. Same goes for Hause. Now they have to learn together, which is a big ask.

This is the case for 90% of our squad. It’s why I really do think if we can get through this season a lot of these players will start to look a lot better than they have so far. The flashes of promise will become more consistent as they all adapt. We just need to not get relegated in the meantime!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Adam2003 said:

This is the case for 90% of our squad. It’s why I really do think if we can get through this season a lot of these players will start to look a lot better than they have so far. The flashes of promise will become more consistent as they all adapt. We just need to not get relegated in the meantime!

That's the plan :)

You're right, but Konsa/Hause were not supposed to be in this position at a crucial time of the season, and CBs are generally more experienced, so that's why I brought this up regarding Konsa.

• Like 1

We have 4 good centre backs at the club now for the first time in years. To think that Chester is fifth choice is remarkable. You can really see how we are trying to build a competitive squad. It will take time but I’m sure we’ll get there with our owners. 

1 hour ago, Adam2003 said:

I even think a good form in the next run of games would help a lot. We've been on pressure for the whole season. The only time we were comfortably out of relegation zone was when we've beaten Brighton. To go to City after that, and a nightmare 8 games. To come out of it  then lose to Southampton.

Imagine if we played Southampton, Sheffield just after Brighton.

I think good wins will only help our team to improve. I think the next half of the season although its hard as our home fixtures aren't easy, but the schedule is ok and could help us having mini runs which could build us a huge confidence.

Konsa found himself in some hard games. Hause came when the team was low in confidence. All these things affect players. But as long as we're in touch with other teams hopefully we'll make it and stay.

Our next 5 games are huge.

Watford, Burnley, City, Brighton, Watford. 7-10 points here will be huge for us. It's important not to lose to Watford today.

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Need to see their goal again as he was either fouled or just got dominated but other than that he was a colossus. He's a player with really good potential.

Woods gave him a small push but he need's to be stronger. His aerial game definitely isn't his strong suit but it's a joy to watch him carry the ball out the back. 

Â