Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

mings form has dipped slightly but to say konsa is better simply isn't true (yet) wait until he's got some experience under his belt and played vs some top strikers

one things for sure with mings, engels and konsa we've potential to return back to the days of MONs first season with mellberg. laursen and cahill on the bench, targett / bouma on the left, then you throw in heaton as a quality keeper and nakamba being solid in front of them

we should have a solid defence

• Like 3

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

mings form has dipped slightly but to say konsa is better simply isn't true (yet) wait until he's got some experience under his belt and played vs some top strikers

one things for sure with mings, engels and konsa we've potential to return back to the days of MONs first season with mellberg. laursen and cahill on the bench, targett / bouma on the left, then you throw in heaton as a quality keeper and nakamba being solid in front of them

we should have a solid defence

We have a solid back 5 and a couple of decent options at centre half. We will continue to struggle in our defensive phase for a while I think, I don't think it will ever be a strong point for Smith but we will get better the more they all play together.

genuinely think this guy is a diamond and from his comments he wants to learn. From a small example but at the RB Leipzig game he was all over Terry looking for advice and that can only help the guy

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Bottom line is I thought United bullied him, and I don't think they would have been able to bully Engels in the same way, so for me he's not one of our starting CB's when everyone is fit.

I can't shake the time where Kodjia bullied him last season from my head. He's still really raw and doesn't yet have the street smarts to deal with certain strikers but I think he's going to be a very fine CB. Still would have Engels in for now.

• Like 3

Didn't particularly notice him at any point of the game but Konsa got a 5.9 rating from whoscored at full time, the lowest of all the players on the pitch. Judging from just that, I think bringing Engels back next week is probably the better option.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

18 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Bottom line is I thought United bullied him, and I don't think they would have been able to bully Engels in the same way, so for me he's not one of our starting CB's when everyone is fit.

Of course not - he has held his own the games he has played and hasn't let us down - but thats it - He doesn't at this point, look anything that special to me - Engels starts next game IMO.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I only watched the second half on a stream today but I thought he looked very good. I’m a big fan of his anyway, I think Engels will struggle to get back in the team

Same here I was particularly annoyed at that point in the second half when he stood still for like 2 minutes until I hit the F5 button

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He did well IMO, one crazy moment in the second half where he was shielding the ball in his own box but other than that put in a good performance.

Well, if you don't count their first goal as his fault... I like him, but he's not great yet. None of our CB's are, mind you.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Didn't particularly notice him at any point of the game but Konsa got a 5.9 rating from whoscored at full time, the lowest of all the players on the pitch. Judging from just that, I think bringing Engels back next week is probably the better option.

We really shouldn't pick our team based on Whoscored ratings.

Tough afternoon for him against a quality front 3, but he did ok. 

• Like 1

On 01/12/2019 at 23:27, AVTuco said:

Well, if you don't count their first goal as his fault... I like him, but he's not great yet. None of our CB's are, mind you.

I think he's been very good. You're talking about a young lad with his senior experience covering the championship and Griffin Park. We all know how much a young player can develop when he's exposed to first team football and thrown into the deep end. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he within 3 years becomes one of the hottest English CB names in football. Ofc. he might not make it, but there's every reason to be positive. 

9 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I think he's been very good. You're talking about a young lad with his senior experience covering the championship and Griffin Park. We all know how much a young player can develop when he's exposed to first team football and thrown into the deep end. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he within 3 years becomes one of the hottest English CB names in football. Ofc. he might not make it, but there's every reason to be positive. 

Yes, there is every reason to be positive. Like I said, I like him, and I want to add that expect him to be great one day.

Â