Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

Really good signing. That shows that signing players who're doing well could always have the chance to be good. Most of people underestimate them, but actually more likely players down there are better than players up. As Premier League teams won't offload quality players apart from some cases as Mings (who was a risk at time as he only showed his quality on championship but considered as a prem player).

McGinn and El Ghazi are keeping their goals and assists, Mings is solid. They kept their form.

20 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Also look a threat on set pices 

I agree, but that could also be that for the first time this season we crossed the ball directly rather than playing it short.

Konsa was very good today, really impressed me. Think the place is his to lose now. 

I said it before that I thought he was down the pecking order at the moment, but has the highest ceiling potentially of all our defenders. He’s now moving up that pecking order and has Terry to learn off. Could be a future England captain. 

Edited by mikeyp102

31 minutes ago, Zatman said:

From what I have seen so far he is good in the air, competent on the ball and has good pace. Long term he could be the best signing we made this summer 

We’ve said that about a few of our signings which shows how good our business was in the summer. Yes we spent a lot of money but we’ve really got good value for money in most areas in my opinion. Especially when you think that front 3 against us today cost 81 million!

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I agree, but that could also be that for the first time this season we crossed the ball directly rather than playing it short.

Konsa was very good today, really impressed me. Think the place is his to lose now. 

I said it before that I thought he was down the pecking order at the moment, but has the highest ceiling potentially of all our defenders. He’s now moving up that pecking order and has Terry to learn off. Could be a future England captain. 

Did he socre in a headed goal in one of the cup matches? 

9 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Think he is better than Axel

Axle was much better with his ability to carry the ball out of defence to break the lines. He was much more comfortable with the ball.

Nothing taken away from konsa just different skillsets imo

I watched the game again and looked closer at Konsa, as said this could be our best piece of business in the summer. I never doubted his ability or potential, but I thought he was too short to be a top class CB. But yesterday he showed how good he is in the air, won duel after duel over both Joelinton and Carroll. From what we heard by the Brentford fans and the clips from Brentford his biggest asset seemd to be his passing, starting attacks and bringing the ball forward. We haven't seen so much of that yet, he has mostly kept it simple. If he ups his game in those aspects as well there is no limit to how good he can be. 

12m, bargain.

Add Engels - 9m?, nakamba - 11m, , Heaton- 8m, Ghazi - 5m, Guilbert- 4.5m, targett - 14m, Jota- 2m, Luiz- 15m, Mings - 20m.

So.nice that we actually have competent people handling our transfer business, regardless of how this season ends up, we have purchased very well overall.

4 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I watched the game again and looked closer at Konsa, as said this could be our best piece of business in the summer. I never doubted his ability or potential, but I thought he was too short to be a top class CB. But yesterday he showed how good he is in the air, won duel after duel over both Joelinton and Carroll. From what we heard by the Brentford fans and the clips from Brentford his biggest asset seemd to be his passing, starting attacks and bringing the ball forward. We haven't seen so much of that yet, he has mostly kept it simple. If he ups his game in those aspects as well there is no limit to how good he can be. 

Definitely hasn't shown that yet, noted on Monday he was much happier passing sideways and letting Mings start things. I'm hoping if he gets a run of games and gains some confidence we will start to see that side of his game having two CB's that can play out would be awesome! 

• Like 1

Â