Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

Would be interesting to see him against better sides, can't really give a proper judgement on him in games vs Crewe, Brighton kids and Wolves kids. 

I'll disagree on Konsa potentially being better, I just rate Tuanzebe too highly.

• 2 weeks later...

Really good aside from the tired tumble at the end.

I actually think he played fairly conservatively. He's got the look of a guy who could head 30 yards forward, receive a square pass from an advanced Guilbert, dip round a midfielder and play someone clean through.

I think Engels still just comes back in for me. 

Well no, if it's me we play 352 and they all play. We need headers of the ball v Newcastle. They play a grim 5-4-1 and play off knock-downs from set-pieces.

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

Wesley with Grealish off him the way Chelsea had Hazard behind Costa

That’s what I’d play too, I’d give Grealish a free role if fit, no defensive responsibility, play both Luiz and Nakamba if we have to. I thought we missed Grealish yesterday, little creative spark without him. I can’t wait to have him back

I thought he was the only positive yesterday, voted him motm. Good on the ball and often spotted danger, throwing himself in front of the ball to block shots on a couple of occations. He could have done better on their second goal, but can't call it a mistake. He looks very calm and composed, seems to read the game well and often pops up in the right places, seems to solve situations well without panicking. It's almost scary how similar his playing style is to what we saw from Tuanzebe, but I think Konza seems to have even greater potential, at least when it comes to distribution.

Edited by Keener window-cleaner
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I thought he was the only positive yesterday, voted him motm. Good on the ball and often spotted danger, throwing himself in front of the ball to block shots on a couple of occations. He could have done better on their second goal, but can't call it a mistake. He looks very calm and composed, seems to read the game well and often pops up in the right places, seems to solve situations well without panicking. It's almost scary who similar playing his playing style is to what we saw from Tuanzebe, but I think Konza seems to have even greater potential, at least when it comes to distribution.

Can only agree with this, he just does the simple thing well, no frills. I can’t wait to see more of him, his potential is huge. I think he is better than Tuanzebe, they are almost exactly the same age too

• Like 1

I think the idea of a back 3 with wing backs makes some sense. Our centre backs are all pretty good driving forward, and a back 3 would allow them to do that more often. Trezeguet would be a useful wing back, and I think it's Targett's natural position.

But I'd be very surprised if Smith plays around with the system. Has he ever played a back 3 in his entire career?

11 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

I think the idea of a back 3 with wing backs makes some sense. Our centre backs are all pretty good driving forward, and a back 3 would allow them to do that more often. Trezeguet would be a useful wing back, and I think it's Targett's natural position.

But I'd be very surprised if Smith plays around with the system. Has he ever played a back 3 in his entire career?

What about Guilbert?

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

What about Guilbert?

Yep, wasn't suggesting Guilbert wouldn't work in that system, but just an observation that Trez has the attributes of a good wingback.

(Edit: And by the way, this is all hypothetical. I agree with Smith's approach of sticking with one system for the time being. With so many new players, many of whom aren't very experienced, it's better to get them all well drilled in one system before varying things. I do think our CBs would look very good in a back 3.)

Edited by KentVillan
  • Thanks 1

Â