Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

It didn't look like his leg was planted so hopefully he avoided a serious injury. Can definitely see him missing some time. Thank God the international break is here. 

3 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

The fact that he had to sit down again on the pitch is not a good sign. Couldn’t even walk around and signal to Smith that he needed to come off.

You have to sit down for play to stop. Not sure that is indicative of much. 

Very worried about him getting that knee injury especially with him not being able to finish the game. Finger crossed we don’t have to wait to long for some (good) news on this. Very important player for us, no doubt about it.

1 minute ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

The fact physios checked his knee out thoroughly and didn't immediately sub him should be assuring it's not a tear at the very least. I hope.

That's my hope, they did the ligament and meniscus test so hopefully it's just a sprain 🤞 

• Like 1

Absolute Representative for Wellingborough of a ref. He gives the blatant foul on Tuanzebe and Cash doesn't get fouled/pushed by Toney into Konsa. In fact Toney should have got a second yellow for kicking Nakamba on the head.

clearing in the woods!

• Like 1

The problem with the knee is it could be anything, slight tear, rupture, hyper extension etc, they don’t always show in the immediate diagnosis, only when the knee cools down.

Hopefully it’s minor and he’ll be right after the international break.

4 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

All came about from someone pushing Cash over who then collided with Konsa. Fingers crossed its not serious. We really needed this international break, our squad has been hit like never before.

Toney. Who probably should’ve been red carded.

Edited by Aston_Villan4

TBH I thought he should have been pulled first time as a precaution. He was clearly in discomfort and why take chances at the back with minutes to go. If he'd gone down again while the ball was in play and we were defending it could have been a different outcome.  Poor management in that moment from me as it could easily have cost us more than just an injured player.

16 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Was beating the ground right from the moment he went down. He was done. We all knew he was done.

Why the **** physios waved him back on to play and we had 2 long stoppages tending to him is beyond me.

Summed up the half arsed attitude all day.

Players beat the ground all the time when they get knocked over. Nothing half arsed about the day. Nonsensical post is nonsensical.

Edited by Aston_Villan4
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, avfc1982am said:

TBH I thought he should have been pulled first time as a precaution. He was clearly in discomfort and why take chances at the back with minutes to go. If he'd gone down again while the ball was in play and we were defending it could have been a different outcome.  Poor management in that moment from me as it could easily have cost us more than just an injured player.

We seem to do this all the time. Remember Mings done his hammy against Leicester and stayed on for another few minutes and cost a goal 

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

Players beat the ground all the time when they get knocked over. Nonsensical post is nonsensical.

No not in this way. This was an obvious I am **** and he didn't move for about 3 minutes absolutely prone. You don't jog that off ever. Unless you're Sergi Canos..

Mings did the same before with this team.

Â