Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

6 hours ago, LondonLax said:

Yeah, they are part of the tightest defence the Euros has ever seen. It would take a pretty spectacular and long term change in form for the manager to lose faith in either of them.

So was Mings but hey ho

• 2 weeks later...

The price for Ben White really shows how crucial it was for us to tie Konsa down on a new contract. I think most here would have Konsa over White, and if he continues the progression from over the last two seasons we're going to have some big offers for him in the future. Not saying he's worth £50m+, or we'd ever consider selling him, but if White is going for that there's the baseline figure for any starting conversation.

Personally I think Konsa is developing into the best CB we've had since Laursen. Would love him to stay for the rest of his career.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Not saying he's worth £50m+

I am, he's ******* ace. He's better than Mings but big Tyrone gets the headlines because he's outspoken and in the Ing-Ger-Land squad. He's been a terrific signing, well done Dean!

I think if Konsa could improvise on his distribution and passing stats he’d have a good crack at Maguire as I think Konsa’s ceiling is higher personally. 

It would be nice (with our alledged Set Piece Coach coming in) to get his goals tally up a bit as well as he’s good in the air too. 

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

not sure why people continually hate on big Ty, no need or for this "konsa is better" stuff, just let them both play

I wasn't "hating on him", I was just pointing out Konsa is a better player.

13 minutes ago, MentalM said:

I believe Mings is our most important defender, everyone else in the back 4 seems worse when he isnt on the pitch bossing them around. 

51 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

and he's not FWIW, mings unfortunately has this microscope on him from villa fans let alone others because of this kind of nonsense

Agree with both of these points, and for my two cents both are at different points in their careers so there's really no comparison. Konsa is still so young for a CB and his progression over the last two seasons has been incredible. Great work by the hierarchy to tie him down to an improved longer contract, especially given the money available for players of a similar elk, such as Ben White.

Re Mings, I don't get the hate. He's gone hand in hand with everything we've done well at the club since he joined. Top pro. If anyone gets the chance, listen to his interview on Jake Humphreys' podcast. Great life experience, natural leader.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wouldn’t want to sell Konsa for any amount, he’s part of our future. Signing and then importantly keeping players like Ezri is how we are going to build ourselves for the future.

I imagine teams could offer £40m+ for him, but I still wouldn’t take that. If he gets in the England squad then you can add even more to that.

Konsa is a good, improving player whose development is greatly aided by playing next to someone with Mings' qualities.

This endless need to lift the former up by putting the latter down is just weird. Especially when the claim is arguable at best and at worst simply incorrect for the time being.

Konsa and Mings make a great partnership. It's not about whose better. I love them both.

We need an understudy to Konsa desperately as we don't have one. But next summer I'd be looking at Mings' long term replacement too, he'll be turning 29 this year, he has a while left yet, but Hause is not the guy, so mid-long term we should be signing a CB this window and another one next summer imo

• Like 3

6 hours ago, villa89 said:

I am, he's ******* ace. He's better than Mings but big Tyrone gets the headlines because he's outspoken and in the Ing-Ger-Land squad. He's been a terrific signing, well done Dean!

He's just isn't better than Mings though. 

5 hours ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Agree with both of these points, and for my two cents both are at different points in their careers so there's really no comparison. Konsa is still so young for a CB and his progression over the last two seasons has been incredible. Great work by the hierarchy to tie him down to an improved longer contract, especially given the money available for players of a similar elk, such as Ben White.

Re Mings, I don't get the hate. He's gone hand in hand with everything we've done well at the club since he joined. Top pro. If anyone gets the chance, listen to his interview on Jake Humphreys' podcast. Great life experience, natural leader.

moose dancin GIF by CoolSculpting

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Found this guy languishing on page three, he deserves more than that. 
While everyone’s obsessing over Grealish, Konsa is quietly building himself up to have an even better season. He’s been an outstanding piece of business and I can see him improving even more this time around. 

• Like 4

Â