Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

It’s so funny that this time last year some of our fans were saying how we wouldn’t make a profit on any of the Summer 2019 signings :crylaugh:

I take great pleasure in being one of the fans that said we could make profit on most of them.

Edited by Rob182
  • Like 3

I'd let Mings go if a big offer came in, but no chance I'd sell Konsa. Would be Gary Cahill all over again, except I think Ezri may already be an even better defender than he was at roughly the same age. Maybe not as physical but definitely better at positioning, anticipation and the like. I've no doubt our current scouting department would do better than MON did, but I'll be haunted by the replacement of Cahill with the likes of Curties Davies and Zat Knight for the rest of my days. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, the_eristic said:

I'd let Mings go if a big offer came in, but no chance I'd sell Konsa. Would be Gary Cahill all over again, except I think Ezri may already be an even better defender than he was at roughly the same age. Maybe not as physical but definitely better at positioning, anticipation and the like. I've no doubt our current scouting department would do better than MON did, but I'll be haunted by the replacement of Cahill with the likes of Curties Davies and Zat Knight for the rest of my days. 

Only if we sold him for peanuts.  

30 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

It’s so funny that this time last year some of our fans were saying how we wouldn’t make a profit on any of the Summer 2019 signings :crylaugh:

I take great pleasure in being one of the fans that said we could make profit on most of them.

Half of them weren't even cut out for the championship apparently. To be honest I don’t think we’d make much of a profit if any on Nakamba, Trez , El Ghazi and Engles. But we’d definitely make money if we ever sold Hause, Luiz, Konsa, Target and Mings. 

• Like 1

I think Ezri will be happy to stay with us and to continue working with Dean. He has made great progress and I expect our owners to reward that with a new and improved contract, when the time is right. Fortunately we are no longer a "selling club" and rather than sell during the next window, I would not be shocked to see us in the market for players that will take us up to the next level. Doing that, would encourage the players we have to want to stick around. I also do not see us being willing to sell to our direct rivals next season (such as Liverpool) and would suspect that a move to Spurs will soon look like a step down to our players (even if Levy was now prepared to pay a realistic price for one of them).   

Edited by John

12 hours ago, Rob182 said:

Congratulations 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, John said:

I think Ezri will be happy to stay with us and to continue working with Dean. He has made great progress and I expect our owners to reward that with a new and improved contract, when the time is right. Fortunately we are no longer a "selling club" and rather than sell during the next window, I would not be shocked to see us in the market for players that will take us up to the next level. Doing that, would encourage the players we have to want to stick around. I also do not see us being willing to sell to our direct rivals next season (such as Liverpool) and would suspect that a move to Spurs will soon look like a step down to our players (even if Levy was now prepared to pay a realistic price for one of them).   

I doubt anyone at the club would want to sell our best defender either, this summer we will be able to compete on wages with most of the league and we're a good footballing side that a lot of players would want to play for. 

Love Konsa, Mings quite often looks busier or does more spectacular last ditch interventions but Konsa is the better footballer IMO and already looks to anticipate things better than anyone else we've got.

Other teams thinking our wall is low, but it’s really not. I love it when they keep moaning at how we’re making our players prices high (or English teams generally). 
Even when it’s not Villa, I like seeing those so called top 6, failing to get their targets and keep moaning. I admired Pep when he said last season (I like Grealish, but he’s out of our reach, although they’re the strongest financially). 

On 16/02/2021 at 13:07, striker said:

Konsa to Liverpool ain’t gonna happen. At best he’d be third choice next season when their injuries clear up.

Spurs is more likely but Levy would only offer players plus cash deal which Smith would laugh at.

Konsa is first choice at Villa with the team improving so he’ll sign another contract.

Levy-Purslow negotiations could be interesting 😂

I’d rather Purslow just didn’t enter into negotiations re Konsa. I get that some clubs like Brentford and Leicester have made huge profits on their best players and found brilliant replacements but I’m another one haunted by years of having to sell our best players and never quite filling the void left adequately. 

1 hour ago, WallisFrizz said:

I’d rather Purslow just didn’t enter into negotiations re Konsa. I get that some clubs like Brentford and Leicester have made huge profits on their best players and found brilliant replacements but I’m another one haunted by years of having to sell our best players and never quite filling the void left adequately. 

We should not help Spurs at all...

Levy tried to grease us up and **** us over Grealish when he knew we were financially in the shit...

I want to see those bottom feeding words removed get financially railroaded to oblivion...

The fact that they might not qualify for Europe... wont be able to have fans go to their stadium... and are paying through the nose for Gareth Bale to do **** all?

I'm over the moon...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, romavillan said:

I doubt anyone at the club would want to sell our best defender either, this summer we will be able to compete on wages with most of the league and we're a good footballing side that a lot of players would want to play for. 

Love Konsa, Mings quite often looks busier or does more spectacular last ditch interventions but Konsa is the better footballer IMO and already looks to anticipate things better than anyone else we've got.

Agreed 110% on your first point, I think Tyrone and Ezri are two different types of defender and they complement each other nicely. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PerryBarrPet said:

No way our owners will let Ezri Konsa go. Look out for a bumper new contract being offered.

100% agree,  I dont think we are likely to sell to clubs in the Prem either unless its 100+ figures or we are just helping them move forward.  

Quote manure 105 and they might actually pay it as well.  

I am fairly confident that unless Man City come in for konsa this isn’t going to be an issue of him moving, it seems more like papers seeing a top player playing for villa while liverpool are playing a midfielder in the back 4 and Spurs are playing Eric Dier and we know how much the sun etc hate that. 

reality is I doubt Liverpool could afford him and they will have an abundance of Center backs when they get injured players are back. Spurs definitely can’t afford him and they are going to be going into Jose’s 3rd season which is when he blows the club up from the inside if he even waits that long given they won’t get near champions league 

Â