Sturridge's Dog

MaVilla

1 hour ago, LakotaDakota said:

I imagine this may not be the last time his dog goes missing now he has told everyone that he will pay whatever people demand to get it back

Yeah the early reviews for Man On Fire 2 aren't great.

54 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Yeah the early reviews for Man On Fire 2 aren't great.

Wont be a great movie when the hero is injured for 2 hours unless sequel to the Bone Collector 😂

11 hours ago, MaVilla said:

I live in a world where a dog has 12 thousand followers on social media?

In fairness, Dean Sturridge tends to have a lot of time on his hands, he's gotta do something.

12,000 is nothing. 

I follow a husky on social media and he has millions of followers. And why not? I’d rather see pictures of cool dogs than pictures of everyone else’s ugly children. 

Dont really see why people are hating on this story? Someone stole his dog and he got it back. It’s a nice story. And it’s more news than 90% of the football stories that are running at the moment

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

Glad the dog is ok.

Hopefully it wasn't a PR stunt to get a bit of attention for Sturridge.

He is trying to get a move and maybe the phone hasnt rang :detect:

Talk about your toothless suspension and penalty.

Daniel Sturridge banned for six weeks and fined £75,000 for breach of FA gambling rules after probe into his West Brom loan move

• Daniel Sturridge has been banned for six weeks for a breach of FA betting rules
  • The former Liverpool striker has also been handed a £75,000 fine in the charge
  • The charge against Sturridge referred to allegedly passing on 'information relating to football which the participant obtained by virtue of his or her position'

Daniel Sturridge has been banned for six weeks and fined £75,000 after being charged with a breach of FA betting rules concerning his loan move to West Bromwich Albion in January.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-6988363/Football-News-Sturridge-banned-six-weeks-fined-75-000-breach-FA-gambling-rules.html

Banned for 6 weeks during the summer and available back for the start of the season, and less than a weeks pay in fines...

On 18/07/2019 at 12:29, sne said:

Talk about your toothless suspension and penalty.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-6988363/Football-News-Sturridge-banned-six-weeks-fined-75-000-breach-FA-gambling-rules.html

Banned for 6 weeks during the summer and available back for the start of the season, and less than a weeks pay in fines...

In fairness though, he still got the bet wrong!

• 7 months later...

Sturridge banned yet again until Mid June for breaking gambling laws by telling his brother to bet on him moving to Seville, which he got wrong, again....

Ban is worldwide & Trabzonspor have cancelled his contract. Also fined £150,000

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Must hate his brother giving him the wrong tip. How is that type of thing found out when it’s a losing bet?

because they are stupid enough to try and place bets over 10 grand on a player getting transfered, will flag up instantly as something being sus as most bets like this will be £10 or something, Not £13,500

His defence seems to be that he should be allowed to tell close friends and family about his intentions and plans. 

which is fair enough. Until they’re betting thousands of pounds on it happening!

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

His defence seems to be that he should be allowed to tell close friends and family about his intentions and plans. 

which is fair enough. Until they’re betting thousands of pounds on it happening!

Yup, doubt there is much they can do about him actually telling anyone but when they look at the guys phone and there are messages from Sturridge saying chuck a couple of grand on this and if it doesn't happen i'll give you the money back i'm not sure he has much of a defence. The daft thing is that if every single bet had been allowed & actually happened the grand total of the winnings would have been about £300,000, surely Sturridge could give his family that much cash if they needed it rather than piss about like this given the rediculous salary he was on at Liverpool, Wouldn't have even been a months pay

Edited by LakotaDakota

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

I guess it seemed like easy money, but they are clearly too stupid to realise there are systems in place when these kind of bets get placed.

Greed and stupidity aren't great bedfellows. 

• Like 1

Linked with us yet again today (along with David Beckham's MLS vanity project in Miami) in the fantastic paper that is The Sun.

If we are still interested in this brittle joker I'd seriously worry about the people running the club.

Thankfully I don't believe for a second that we are.

Edited by sne

Â