Jump to content

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Brumerican said:

 

Top twitter stalking. This tweet doesn’t even have any likes or retweets. I’m impressed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really hope Suso can work his magic and get a good European keeper as alluded to yesterday . Just not sold on Heaton at all and his signing is a bit meh for the fee it will take to get him ... He is better than Hart but not as good as Pope surely we can do better ?! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heaton would be a good signing, but not for the £7m-£10m it would probably take to get him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Heaton would be a good signing, but not for the £7m-£10m it would probably take to get him.

Why not? A consistent, effective PL keeper may we’ll win us 10 points over the course of a season; ie possibly the difference between survival and relegation. IMO if that player costs us 10M he is with every penny. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Really hope Suso can work his magic and get a good European keeper as alluded to yesterday . Just not sold on Heaton at all and his signing is a bit meh for the fee it will take to get him ... He is better than Hart but not as good as Pope surely we can do better ?! 

Like Kalinic 😉 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Like Kalinic 😉 

Touché !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone on Heroes and Villains claims to have been in the same bar as the Burnley squad last night, and apparently Joe Hart told him that Heaton to Villa is a done deal. Someone else, or perhaps the same person, is claiming the same on facebook, (screenshot going around twitter), and provided a photo of themselves with Hart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, useless said:

Someone on Heroes and Villains claims to have been in the same bar as the Burnley squad last night, and apparently Joe Hart told him that Heaton to Villa is a done deal. Someone else, or perhaps the same person, is claiming the same on facebook, (screenshot going around twitter), and provided a photo of themselves with Hart.

Sooo.. 'a bloke in the pub said so'

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A bit more convincing when that bloke happens to be Joe Hart, Heaton's team mate.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Qwpzxjor1 said:

Why has it been unlocked?

The lock jumped to the Lewis Brunt thread overnight (I have no idea why)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really want this one to be true. Long time fan of Heaton. I know Pope has taken his place at number 1 but still cant see why he'd leave, and why Burnley would let him go for only 7m. Youd think they'd be selling Hart before Heaton. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One bad European GK signing shouldn’t put us off signing another ... Just saying .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heaton for me is absolutely superb. At 33 he could have another 5 years potentially at top maybe more.

He was incredible before his injury and when he came back last year immediately got back into side and their defensive stats improved over night considerably.

 

Just remember that performance at old Trafford 0-0 one of the best GK performances I've ever seen

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, thabucks said:

One bad European GK signing shouldn’t put us off signing another ... Just saying .

You have seen our other European keeper nyland? 

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7-10m for an experienced established Premier league keeper is fair value. 33 is not old for a keeper. 

I think this will happen. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

You have seen our other European keeper nyland? 

 

Yep .... just wouldn’t be against signing a European one again just because the last two didn’t work out... I don’t  really care where they are from as long as they are better than what we have... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

7-10m for an experienced established Premier league keeper is fair value. 33 is not old for a keeper. 

I think this will happen. 

I'm not particularly against getting Heaton but I think the days of a keeper being in their prime early to mid 30s has gone, and there are very few keepers that stay at the top of their game a few years beyond that.

The fitness, reactions, speed etc are so finely tuned now that using their experience like keepers previously is less of such a big factor in a keepers success. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, brummybloke said:

You have seen our other European keeper nyland? 

 

Moreria at Yeovil wasn't pretty either....😉

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...
Â