Tom Heaton

midian

Another captain in the squad is great news for a young newly promoted side.

A smart bit of business.

We may well be looking to upgrade the position in a couple of seasons but hopefully we are established Premier League again by then and just signing 2-3 quality players each summer. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Dont put Steer down, certainly wouldnt surprise me if Steer made it extremely difficult for Heaton.

What we all going to do if Steer manages to keep Heaton out the team, maybe really think is it worth wasting money on keepers.

Steer has been one of my favs last season and I wonder if he will do the SteeAre to any keeper that comes waltzing on in as if they think the keeper position is already there's, would be hilarious if Steer does that to Heaton.

Yeah that's what I'm calling steer's stare, the SteeAre.

https://www.facebook.com/SoccerAM/videos/1291762834305380/

^^^Holgate looked so terrified lol^^^

I think that none of us (other than perhaps our new keeper himself), would have any problem with Jed "doing a Pope" on Heaton by claiming the first team place for himself, due to his own consistently good performances.

What we have now in these two keepers, is competition that will serve to keep them both on their toes and quality cover, should one of them have a lapse in form. Marvellous! 😊 My only concern is, will he be able to get a medical done any time soon? I can't see Marvellous letting anyone push in front of him in the queue.😉

Edited by John
  • Like 1

Â