NFL Fantasy Football 2019

12 minutes ago, LancsVillan said:

I'm more for the it ain't broke why fix it. How system is now suits those who only play this league and have no idea of the differences this would make - i.e. Me :)

And me

• Like 1

Points per run is absurd for running backs.

A running back who runs 20 times for 20 yards (averaging 1 yard a carry) (40 points) gets more points than one who runs 10 times for 100 yards... (35 points)

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

A running back who runs 20 times for 20 yards (averaging 1 yard a carry) (40 points) gets more points than one who runs 10 times for 100 yards... (35 points)

Yep but you could say that as he was required for 20 makes him more important than the other guy who might have got lucky with a breakout. For me I pick an RB that will get touches and hope he gets the yards on top, guaranteed points. 

27 minutes ago, LancsVillan said:

Yep but you could say that as he was required for 20 makes him more important than the other guy who might have got lucky with a breakout. For me I pick an RB that will get touches and hope he gets the yards on top, guaranteed points. 

And that's wrong IMO.

It's like giving more points for a striker who plays 90 and gets no goals/assists than one who comes on for 20 mins and gets one of each.

57 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

And that's wrong IMO.

It's like giving more points for a striker who plays 90 and gets no goals/assists than one who comes on for 20 mins and gets one of each.

But comparing NFL to football is apples n oranges. I like the way it is, it's been that way for ages and a change would confuse things

22 minutes ago, LancsVillan said:

But comparing NFL to football is apples n oranges. I like the way it is, it's been that way for ages and a change would confuse things

It's not directly comparing, it's an analogy.

RB's are just too OP in this scoring. QBs too.

I'm with Stefan here (obviously). I do play in leagues that have little tweaks here and there on the general point scoring rules which is fine. But the point per carry/completion just makes the RB and QB position too overpowered and you just end up with weird bloated scores. I'm not saying get rid of the PPC/C but I think halving the is the way forward. It also really diminishes the point of having a TE or WR imo.

You could also make the argument about the DS/Ts too - sometimes they account for like 60-70 points but I think we'll save that argument for next year :lol:

Edited by Milfner

5 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

No coach in the world is giving an RB 20 attempts if they're averaging 1YPC.  They'd be benched after 3 or 4 attempts , but I get your point and agree with it .

Yeah, let's sort the RBs out this season. Points for yards gained > carries imo.

Similar for WRs / TEs and receptions.

What alternatives have others seen?

On 22/07/2019 at 12:30, StefanAVFC said:

*22 points

I like the weird scoring and actually if i remember correctly I went real RB heavy and my WRs and TE is what cost me. (i cant see my team atm for some reason)

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Xela said:

I'll need a reminder of what the current rules are @Brumerican:)

After all these years I still don't know how the defenses score points so I wouldn't ask me.   All I know is that jersey colours score more points than defenders stopping TD's.

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

I'll need a reminder of what the current rules are @Brumerican:)

An RB currently gets one point every time he takes a hand off which means they can score more than a WR who scores a TD, even if they only managed to run 5 yards.

• Like 1

I voted against changing. Not because I'm necessarily in favour of PPC but I feel if we got rid, the QB points would then massively outweigh every other position and would basically decide the matchups. Don't think you can change 1 without the other, and if you did change both it would then leave DEF points being the outlier. 

So basically I feel it needs big reform or leave it alone.

Any thoughts?

Edited by rhyscartwright_avfc

Â