Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2019/2020

BOF

1 hour ago, AndyM3000 said:

40 points is easily doable, can be some big swings in this. The issue is how similar everyone's team will be, captain choices are important.

It’s doable but without the DGWs we usually get it’s a tougher ask

On 26/06/2020 at 23:53, Stevo985 said:

Adam is absolutely flying. I’m about 40 points behind you so not much chance of catching you but at least it seems doable. 

Adam is just taking the piss 😂

Hello, I think I've won various versions of this league five times plus at least a couple of seconds and always rejoin this league automatically. I'd already decided to let someone else have a chance by not rejoining next year but actually let's freshen this year up too, I'm therefore resigning from the league which I imagine now looks very competitive (i can't see as I've left)

Good luck and have fun :) 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Adamus said:

Hello, I think I've won various versions of this league five times plus at least a couple of seconds and always rejoin this league automatically. I'd already decided to let someone else have a chance by not rejoining next year but actually let's freshen this year up too, I'm therefore resigning from the league which I imagine now looks very competitive (i can't see as I've left)

You didn't have to do that mate!

You're clealry good at this game though :D

There's another team called Adamus in 9th place by the way :D

15 hours ago, Adamus said:

Nice sentiment but to me it just taints it fro who does win it now. Imagine if Juve did that in Serie A 😂

Not a great week this week for me. Doing alright, but my captain did nothing and the big performance from Aubameyang was damaging as he was a popular captain.

Hoping KDB, Salah and TAA deliver tonight. Again other people will have them as captain so could be a bit damaging, but should ensure I get a green arrow

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Just my luck I forgot to change my captain back from Jimenez (who I thought would run riot against us) to Aubameyang. 

It's the same GW! You couldn't have done both

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Adamus said:

Like Villa moving up to 18th without playing, this means I’ve just moved up to 49th out of 118. Get in!

Edited by Paddywhack
  • Like 2

On 02/07/2020 at 13:41, LancsVillan said:

Nice sentiment but to me it just taints it fro who does win it now. Imagine if Juve did that in Serie A 😂

Poor analogy. Assuming Lazio beat Lecce tomorrow then Juve's lead is down to 4 points with 8 games left, that's vaguely competitive

• 2 weeks later...

I've had a bad couple of gameweeks. Last week was especially bad. 39 points :( 
First time I've been below average in ages.

Any chance I had of catching the top of our league is long gone. Still hoping to get somewhere towards the top 100k in the world which was my goal at the start of the season.

Played my free hit this week and it's started pretty well with 19 points from three Chelsea players.

I've gone absolutely balls to the wall and captained Foden though which could backfire massively. Bruno was the safe choice, but I'm having a bit of fun with it

14 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I've gone absolutely balls to the wall and captained Foden though which could backfire massively. Bruno was the safe choice, but I'm having a bit of fun with it

Annnnd what a shit idea that was :D 

No doubt Bruno will have a stormer tomorrow to hammer home what a stupid decision that was

Happy with my season.  Just missed out on top 50k finish (53,991) which I would have achieved with the right captain in the final week (which I changed at the last second).  4th in Irreverentad's league which I'm also happy with.  It was a fun season.  I enjoyed creating a ridiculously over-engineered spreadsheet for it (duh!) and I look forward to next season being up in a matter of weeks :D 

49 minutes ago, BOF said:

Happy with my season.  Just missed out on top 50k finish (53,991) which I would have achieved with the right captain in the final week (which I changed at the last second).  4th in Irreverentad's league which I'm also happy with.  It was a fun season.  I enjoyed creating a ridiculously over-engineered spreadsheet for it (duh!) and I look forward to next season being up in a matter of weeks :D 

Yeah you've done really well! I'd be chuffed with that finish.

I dropped outside the top 200k in the last week which is frustrating. I was aiming for top 100k earlier int he season and then adjusted my expectations to get a PB (170k) and missed that too! So disappointed really.

There's been a couple of times this season when I've tried to be too clever and it's never paid off. In fact my experiment of selling TAA earlier in the season probably cost me 50 points on it's own.

So next season I'm going to keep it simpler

A guy I follow on Twitter won the entire thing! @toogoodFPL if anyone wants to follow him.

He was 3rd going into the final day and Captained KDB as a bit of a differential because he thought the people above him would captain Sterling. Came in for him!

The guy in 1st Triple Captained Salah. Disaster. Ended up 3rd

Had my second highest ever points total (2081) but my lowest rank since 2012, dropping outside the top million - pretty disappointing.

See what would’ve happened if you set your team in GW1 and left it

I’m 87 points better off than if I’d kept that first team. All the agonising for less than 3 points extra per week :rolleyes:

I'm 413pts better off than had I left it.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

A guy I follow on Twitter won the entire thing! @toogoodFPL if anyone wants to follow him.

He was 3rd going into the final day and Captained KDB as a bit of a differential because he thought the people above him would captain Sterling. Came in for him!

The guy in 1st Triple Captained Salah. Disaster. Ended up 3rd

Yeah I was following the title fight.  World Chess Champ Magnus Carlsen had a dreadful final week too, and dropped to 11th.