Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2019/2020

BOF

9 hours ago, Wezbid said:

We rent a holiday home for a the final gameweek of the season

I really hope this bit is true :)  Sounds like good fun, although I imagine the FF takes a backseat to continuous relentless drunkenness - or is that just my mind?

On 16/07/2019 at 02:35, Wezbid said:

I'm in for the league. I play with mates for cash by the gameweek. 20 of us split into 4 divisions with promotion and relegation. Serious business. We rent a holiday home for a the final gameweek of the season and try and get Shola Ameobi to present the trophies for the leagues and cups (paid of course), so far without success. 

There looks to be plenty of value with Villa this season! 

Can you explain your format?

I get frustrated with the mates league I'm in as everyone bails after a few weeks apart from a handful so I've been looking to try and get a format going that keeps them interested, even if I have to run it myself

7 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Just created my team. Logged off, assuming it was saved. Log back in and the selection is cleared. Sigh

I wouldn't sweat it.

If you're anything like me you'll have changed it several hundred times between now and the start of the season anyway ;)

• Like 2

Have a feeling De Bruyne is gonna have a big year, but I'm not sure the upgrade to him from Maddison is worth sacrificing Jota (Wolves) and downgrading from Fabianski to Ryan. Maddison + Jota + Fabianski sounds like it would yield more points than Ryan + De Bruyne + Greenwood. Now that I put it that way, I just made up my mind :lol:

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Have a feeling De Bruyne is gonna have a big year, but I'm not sure the upgrade to him from Maddison is worth sacrificing Jota (Wolves) and downgrading from Fabianski to Ryan. Maddison + Jota + Fabianski sounds like it would yield more points than Ryan + De Bruyne + Greenwood. Now that I put it that way, I just made up my mind :lol:

i wonder was this posted before or after Wolves bought Cutrone ? :lol:  The final week before the season can be really frustrating :)

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, BOF said:

i wonder was this posted before or after Wolves bought Cutrone ? :lol:  The final week before the season can be really frustrating :)

I have since revised Jota for the 10th time and settled on King.

Also ended up with De Bruyne in the end but with a stronger team than both scenarios somehow so I'll try not to change anything again :lol:

Edited by Keyblade

23 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Can you explain your format?

I get frustrated with the mates league I'm in as everyone bails after a few weeks apart from a handful so I've been looking to try and get a format going that keeps them interested, even if I have to run it myself

Yeah sure.

We have 4 divisions. DoBo - Top League, DoWo - 2nd Tier, DoDi - 3rd Tier, Fantasy B - Bottom Tier. 5/6 teams in each division.

Each division has its own cost per Gameweek play. DoBo - £5, DoWo - £2.50, DoDi - £1.25, Fantasty B - no fee but also no prize. Whoever has the highest score of that Gameweek (after transfer deductions, bps etc) in each division wins the Gameweek in their respective divisions. For example, I am in the DoDi division, I have the highest number of points of all the teams in that division then the other 5 teams in that league owe me £1.25 each, so £6.25 in total. 

We don't transfer money every Gameweek as it would be tedious and annoying chasing people up. After Gameweek 10, 20, 30 and 38 we settle up who owes what, if people don't pay up before a certain time then that team will be deducted -25 points from the league table for each day they don't pay. These deducted points don't go towards any gameweek, just the final league table. Whoever wins the division gets a payout from every other team in their league. Something like £15 per team in DoWo, £10 per team in DoWo, £5 per team in DoDi, £0 in Fantasy B.

The top two teams from each division are promoted at the expense of the bottom 2 from the league above.

Every team (Fantasy B included) pays £11 at the start of the season which goes towards cup prize money. We have 3 cup competitions.

The YOBO which is like our Champions League, the top 2 from each division the season before qualify for this. 8 teams in total, 4 Quarter finals drawn randomly, 1st leg Gameweek 30, 2nd leg GW 32, Semi-final 1st leg GW 34, 2nd leg GW36, Final GW. Prize money around £70/80 taken from the money every team puts in at the start of the season.

The DIKO which is like the EFL trophy which consists of 8 teams, All 6 teams in the 3rd tier league (DoDi) plus the teams who came 3rd and 4th in Fantasy B in the previous season. During Gameweeks 3-16, teams play each other head to head so other the 14 gameweeks everybody plays each other twice. The top 4 qualify for the Semi-Finals which take place in Gameweeks 35 and 36 with the final again being in GW 38. Not sure how much the prize money is for this one.

The final Cup is the SAKO. Every team across all 4 divisions compete in this one, the old format used to be everybody joined one big league, after Gameweek 30, the top 8 teams qualified for the QF's to take place over GW's 32 & 34, SF's over GW's 35, 37 and then the final in GW 38. They've re-worked it a bit like the FA Cup with teams from higher divisions entering at later stages. 

The league format always keeps players interested and playing because even if you're not having a great season, you can sneak a few Gameweek wins and still make some money back. It's not too complicated, just a bit much all written down at once maybe. We have things like if a team scores 100 points or more in a GW then the other teams in your division have to pay you an additional GW fee on top. 

The guy who runs it puts in a good bit of effort and work into it, there have been podcasts, interviewing some managers and we have a Charter written up along with a website.

The Fantasy Times

That kinda shows the layout a bit more.

Edited by Wezbid
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

Yeah sure.

We have 4 divisions. DoBo - Top League, DoWo - 2nd Tier, DoDi - 3rd Tier, Fantasy B - Bottom Tier. 5/6 teams in each division.

Each division has its own cost per Gameweek play. DoBo - £5, DoWo - £2.50, DoDi - £1.25, Fantasty B - no fee but also no prize. Whoever has the highest score of that Gameweek (after transfer deductions, bps etc) in each division wins the Gameweek in their respective divisions. For example, I am in the DoDi division, I have the highest number of points of all the teams in that division then the other 5 teams in that league owe me £1.25 each, so £6.25 in total. 

We don't transfer money every Gameweek as it would be tedious and annoying chasing people up. After Gameweek 10, 20, 30 and 38 we settle up who owes what, if people don't pay up before a certain time then that team will be deducted -25 points from the league table for each day they don't pay. These deducted points don't go towards any gameweek, just the final league table. Whoever wins the division gets a payout from every other team in their league. Something like £15 per team in DoWo, £10 per team in DoWo, £5 per team in DoDi, £0 in Fantasy B.

The top two teams from each division are promoted at the expense of the bottom 2 from the league above.

Every team (Fantasy B included) pays £11 at the start of the season which goes towards cup prize money. We have 3 cup competitions.

The YOBO which is like our Champions League, the top 2 from each division the season before qualify for this. 8 teams in total, 4 Quarter finals drawn randomly, 1st leg Gameweek 30, 2nd leg GW 32, Semi-final 1st leg GW 34, 2nd leg GW36, Final GW. Prize money around £70/80 taken from the money every team puts in at the start of the season.

The DIKO which is like the EFL trophy which consists of 8 teams, All 6 teams in the 3rd tier league (DoDi) plus the teams who came 3rd and 4th in Fantasy B in the previous season. During Gameweeks 3-16, teams play each other head to head so other the 14 gameweeks everybody plays each other twice. The top 4 qualify for the Semi-Finals which take place in Gameweeks 35 and 36 with the final again being in GW 38. Not sure how much the prize money is for this one.

The final Cup is the SAKO. Every team across all 4 divisions compete in this one, the old format used to be everybody joined one big league, after Gameweek 30, the top 8 teams qualified for the QF's to take place over GW's 32 & 34, SF's over GW's 35, 37 and then the final in GW 38. They've re-worked it a bit like the FA Cup with teams from higher divisions entering at later stages. 

The league format always keeps players interested and playing because even if you're not having a great season, you can sneak a few Gameweek wins and still make some money back. It's not too complicated, just a bit much all written down at once maybe. We have things like if a team scores 100 points or more in a GW then the other teams in your division have to pay you an additional GW fee on top. 

The guy who runs it puts in a good bit of effort and work into it, there have been podcasts, interviewing some managers and we have a Charter written up along with a website.

www.the-ft.com 

This is amazing. But I have questions... :)

Promotion/relegation - does this happen every week? So the part in bold happens at the end of the season? 

Basically you could be in the top league but get relegated on the penultimate gameweek but win the prize for the league below in the final week?

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

This is amazing. But I have questions... :)

Promotion/relegation - does this happen every week? So the part in bold happens at the end of the season? 

Basically you could be in the top league but get relegated on the penultimate gameweek but win the prize for the league below in the final week?

Nah, we're in our respective divisions for the full 38 Gameweek season. Promotion and relegation is finalised after the last game of the season. The paying out to the winner of the league also happens at the end of the season. 

You could be rock bottom of your league by a mile but still be driven to try because you still have the chance of winning individual gameweeks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wezbid said:

Nah, we're in our respective divisions for the full 38 Gameweek season. Promotion and relegation is finalised after the last game of the season. The paying out to the winner of the league also happens at the end of the season. 

You could be rock bottom of your league by a mile but still be driven to try because you still have the chance of winning individual gameweeks. 

Cool. I'm gonna try and organise this. I'll copy most of what you've done apart from maybe not so many cups this season.

I think I'll start with random "groups" with equal gameweek fees and then the winners this season will go into the top league next season, 2nd place in the second league etc etc

I've been trying to convince my workmates to do something along these lines for a couple of years to stop people losing interest.

21 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I have since revised Jota for the 10th time and settled on King.

Also ended up with De Bruyne in the end but with a stronger team than both scenarios somehow so I'll try not to change anything again :lol:

I regret starting with King last season. He's shit 3 away goals all season. Bournemouth have bad fixtures. People overrating  because Blades then us first up

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

You've heard of bandwagons
Who's getting in the Guilbert and Salah van?

Got em both 😎

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I regret starting with King last season. He's shit 3 away goals all season. Bournemouth have bad fixtures. People overrating  because Blades then us first up

Might have to revise that. Was worried about Jota now that Cutrone is here. Waiting to see how much he costs.

Just signed up for this. Cadbury Villa.

Chosen my team at the end of a 12 hour night shift so will probably reselect when I am fresher.

Was amazed to see dem spelt his name and team name correctly!! 

• Haha 1

On 31/07/2019 at 12:37, Wezbid said:

Yeah sure.

The Fantasy Times

Jesus Horatio Christ, you ain't kiddin'.  That's some serious effort in all of that.  It sounds fantastic to me, but I know of all my friends there's probably maybe one of them who would be bothered to go in on something as committed.  So the fact you have, what, ~20-24 people all in, is as amazing as the competition itself.  Fair play :thumb:  :thumb:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

Was amazed to see dem spelt his name and team name correctly!! 

Yeah it has me wondering whether it's the real @Demitri_C and whether I should have the interloper kicked out.