Matt Targett

villan-scott

Just now, TrentVilla said:

How many times am I allowed to say told you so in this thread? :)

He has been so good this season. I honestly think its down to having better players around him, that isn't detracting from him in the slightest he is clearly working on his game.

I think his personality is his biggest asset, unbelievably hard worker and is better every game.

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

How many times am I allowed to say told you so in this thread? :)

He has been so good this season. I honestly think its down to having better players around him, that isn't detracting from him in the slightest he is clearly working on his game.

He needs a good player in front of him who can put in the shift to help out.

Cash can still have a really good game with a Traore, Trez or whoever on the right who isn’t working hard off the ball to track back.

Trez, AeG and Traore (today) show how supporting the left and right back without the ball is so important for a strong foundation at the back.

even more so when we play fast sides like United and City who will hammer us if we offer much space in those positions. 

he did well tonight, they call did. 

• Like 1

His reading of the game defensively in the last 3 games has been fantastic. Intercepting when possible, holding a good defensive position when it's not. That's allowed him to nulllify Adama Traore's pace and leave Burnley and WBA with no outlet down our left.

For mine, he's been excellent since lockdown, along with Luiz and Konsa.

• Like 1

He's having great season. I was really concerned about him as I'm sure many also were but has really improved. Seems much more focussed and "on it" whereas last season his confidence and concentration were shot at times. Quality of team mates has taken the strain off him obviously but credit where credit is due. 

12 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

I was working tonight so I missed the game... In the highlights, he looked lively and put in a very good performance...

But we DO need competition at left back... or at least cover

Yes we do because Taylor isn’t good enough.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Panto_Villan said:

He really impressed me tonight too. I wonder how much is him actually getting better as a player versus the team just gelling better, but whatever the reason is I'm all for it and I hope he's able to maintain this form for the rest of the season!

I think the answer is both.

Also I think he now has a full season at the top level under his belt and probably learnt a lot from last seasons struggles and mistakes. (As many have it seems)

Â