Matt Targett

villan-scott

Excellent performance. People have questioned his bottle but today he didn't give one of the best a sniff. The goals conceded were because of slight errors elsewhere on the pitch. Brave brave performance excellent courage.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Targett was good tonight...

had received quite the flak from certain posters in the run-up to the Plop game, where are they now?

classic film GIF

I for one have been very critical of him but thought he played well. I think we funneled them down the other side to reduce the pressure on him defensively (as well as to keep the ball away from Salah and TAA) and allow grealish to keep his energy up. But that being said he made a few crucial blocks and challenges. I hope his new found defensive ability remains. 

2 hours ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

Not entirely sure why people are praising him. Was probably our worst player (though he did play well). Was at fault for second goal and they had a massive chance created in behind him.

Because, like you say, he played well. Seems a little churlish to resent him being praised because we had so many good performances. 

Yeah maybe. Just think he was exposed again in the same manner he has been on so many occasions, so I'm reluctant to say he played any better than "well". Thought he was still our worst player and it's clear every opponent sees him as the weak link.

• Like 1

Technically so so good.

Just give us a season of full fitness Matty.

Did a crazy touch with his chest back to Martinez from a dropping ball that was really awkward. Anything like that he's fine with, it's bread and butter like marking his man he sometimes shits the bed with :lol:

11 hours ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

Not entirely sure why people are praising him. Was probably our worst player (though he did play well). Was at fault for second goal and they had a massive chance created in behind him.

Is that the one where Watkins got dispossessed in our half then Mings didn't stand up Salah but somehow it's Targetts fault?

Â